Windows 10: Discord setting itself to low priority?

Discus and support Discord setting itself to low priority? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc is kinda bad, nearly every game that isn't indie takes cpu up to 100%. To make sure discord still actually functions, I've been trying to set it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jumbletoon, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Discord setting itself to low priority?

My pc is kinda bad, nearly every game that isn't indie takes cpu up to 100%. To make sure discord still actually functions, I've been trying to set it to realtime priority. Problem is, it resets itself all the way to low every 5-30 minutes (It's really inconsistent, I don't know why.) Is there any good way to permanently set it to realtime, or at least stop it from going to low automatically?

submitted by /u/jumbletoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jumbletoon, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Discord setting itself to low priority? :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Setting the priority for a system service on boot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can start Windows Process on different priority settings, with PowerShell command.

Try the below command

Get-WmiObject Win32_process -Filter 'name="Process-Name"' | ForEach-Object {$_.SetPriority(Priority-Level)}

OR

wmic process where name="Process-Name " CALL setpriority
    Priority-Level

Process-Name will be the process that you want to run e.g. notepad.exe, cmd.exe, etc.

Priority-Level are the level of priority you want to set from high to low, e.g. Low=64, Below Normal=16384, Normal=32, Above Normal=32768, High=126, Realtime=356.

Below is the example to start notepad and calculator with high priority.

Get-WmiObject Win32_process -Filter 'name="notepad.exe"' | ForEach-Object {$_.SetPriority(128)}

OR

wmic process where name="calc.exe" CALL setpriority

You can create a bat file of the program that you want to start with low priority and put it under
    shell:startup this will run the bat file every time you boot the system, to do this.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type Shell:Startup on the
      Run window and hit enter.
    3. Copy the bat file you created and paste in on startup.
    4. This will run the command each time Windows starts.

As your question is more suitable for TechNet, I would also suggest you to post your question on

TechNet
    forums.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 20, 2020
  4. IRB4U Win User

Discord setting itself to low priority?

Setting priorities

I need to give higher priority to internal file transfers. Any suggestions?

IRB4U, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Discord setting itself to low priority?

1. Discord setting itself to low priority? - Similar Threads - Discord setting itself

2. windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority: so when i open any game it lags or any program so i open task manager and click on that program it show its on low priority and when i switch it to normal and open that program it automatically goes back to low any fix for this? im on windows 11 and this has never happened to...
  3. windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows puts priority to low after i change it to any other priority: so when i open any game it lags or any program so i open task manager and click on that program it show its on low priority and when i switch it to normal and open that program it automatically goes back to low any fix for this? im on windows 11 and this has never happened to...
  4. Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome setting to low priority when I switch to game.: I have two displays and I've set chrome to use integrated GPU, while game is running at discrete GPU. Nonetheless, as soon as I switch to game, chrome resets priority to background and any video starts stuttering. I'm not sure if it's windows feature, or chrome feature, or...
  5. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  6. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  7. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microphone volume low except on discord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume low except on discord: Hi Community,, I've been using my Blue snowball mic for quiet some time without problems when on Discord. Today I tried to record a video where the microphone was extremely low volume. I could only really be heard when my mouth was touching the mic itself. It records my...
  9. Low Priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Priority in Task Manager: So I got Black Ops Cold War the other day, and I was lagging a small bit from time to time, so I decided to up the priority. I was surprised to find it at "low" but didn't think anything of it, and yet every time I put the priority to normal or above, it automatically sets...
  10. Discord does not minimize itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord does not minimize itself?: Hey, when i want to switch to the browser in my taskbar in Windoof, the discord window is not minimized. Can someone please tell me why this is the case and how to fix it? Thanks Ps: I'm using Bandaged BD and it's been like this since today...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discord low priority

2. how to set discord a higher priority

3. discord changing priority network