Windows 10: Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

Discus and support Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps. However, after going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoelMcLarty, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps.
    However, after going through all of this microsoft has blocked microphone access to discord or any other games.
    The link that I have been given is unable to shed any light on the situation and just tells me that I should have access from turning it on but don't.
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone a9e53054-35ee-4deb-adde-e12afaa18940?upload=true.png

:)

JoelMcLarty, Oct 15, 2020

2. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy > Microphone, as well as many other applications like Steam and several Steam games. It gives no explanation whatsoever
    and the article linked did nothing to help. I've searched online for literal hours and no one else seems to be posting about the same problem as me. Please help.

Thank you for your time

Tyler Webb, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

See if you've missed some steps in setting up microphone for Discord with this article

https://windowsreport.com/discord-mic-not-worki...

Also, you may go to Settings > System > Sound > under Input, select the Microphone then Troubleshoot

Paulo GM, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

1. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone - Similar Threads - Discord Steam Games

2. Discord and epic game unable to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord and epic game unable to load: I don't know if this is a coincidence but discord and epic game being unable to load and happen at the same It been a problem for over 1 year and I still can't get it fixI even can't go into the discord website it said that the discord.com refused to connect the only way I...
  3. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  4. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  5. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microphone works with Windows Sound Recorder but nothing else Steam, Teams, Discord etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works with Windows Sound Recorder but nothing else Steam, Teams, Discord etc: My microphone works, windows can detect it, I see the meter go up and down when I talk - I can record audio in Sound Recorder to test it. My Headset is set to default device, and has latest drivers. Apps have Mic access in the Privacy settings. I have uninstalled and...
  7. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.: I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem but I figured really smart people could help. Problem I am having. I have Discord Open as [Administrator] and able to talk normally and my friends are able to fully hear me, as soon as I open Rainbow Six Siege my Microphone will...
  8. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: Basically I have my mic set up properly but I am not able to access it on any desktop apps outside of Microsoft owned ones. Please help, as this only affects my current computer and not others with the same exact settings....
  9. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason: Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy > Microphone, as well as many other applications like Steam and several Steam games. It gives no explanation whatsoever and the article...
  10. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc: Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in applications such as steam or origin. When I restart I am sometimes able to connect to csgo servers for 5 minutes or so but...