Windows 10: Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

Discus and support Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently uninstalled Discord - well, tried to - and keep on running into a persistent Javascript error message. I have so far tried deleting all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LexLilliman, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

I recently uninstalled Discord - well, tried to - and keep on running into a persistent Javascript error message. I have so far tried deleting all of the local files related to Discord, using the uninstall button, and a few other such methods but always run into the same error message.

Has anyone run into a similar problem before and if so how did you fix it?

TIA.

:)

LexLilliman, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

discord javascript error

Hi Vulcons, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There are a couple of directories you can delete when you're getting installation errors with Discord. Deleting the directories should clean up the problematic files, allowing Discord to be installed again.

Here's a link to a Discord tutorial that explains what to delete:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

There are a couple of extra troubleshooting steps at the end of that article too.

Once you've tried this, please let me know if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Dec 6, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    discord javascript error

Hello, this may be a cause of some of the files of Discord still remaining in your hard drive. You may want to try to use a third party software called GeekUninstaller to completely uninstall and clean the registry of that software. This will make sure
    to delete all the files for Discord.

From there, you may proceed on to re installing the app from the newly downloaded wizard.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error :)

RyoTakagi, Dec 6, 2020
  4. vulcons38 Win User

Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

discord javascript error

I have deleted discord in the middle of a update and now cant reinstall it.

vulcons38, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

1. Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error - Similar Threads - Discord Uninstallation JavaScript

2. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  3. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  4. Vs code showing javascript error, and not uninstalling as well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vs code showing javascript error, and not uninstalling as well: My vscode was initially working, all of a sudden, it started showing javascript error in the main process. When I tried uninstalling it, it was showing another error message "The set up files are corrupted,please obtain a new copy of the program". It is not uninstalling after...
  5. Vs code showing javascript error, and not uninstalling as well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vs code showing javascript error, and not uninstalling as well: My vscode was initially working, all of a sudden, it started showing javascript error in the main process. When I tried uninstalling it, it was showing another error message "The set up files are corrupted,please obtain a new copy of the program". It is not uninstalling after...
  6. JavaScript error

in Windows 10 Customization
    JavaScript error: [ATTACH] I wanted to use the program called senpai.gg, but when I open the application, I get this error. I couldn't find any solution. What should I do? Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/434ad75d-2598-44ed-b3e1-75e7f163ebf0
  7. javascript error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    javascript error: Starting yesterday every time I start up the PC I get this and I dont know how to fix.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/17049def-353d-49cf-8ad2-ae753af16954
  8. Uninstall Discord?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Discord?: I have my laptop new since yesterday and today I installed discord which also works fine in the beginning now I closed it once and now I can't open it anymore and I can't uninstall it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Discord deinstallieren?
  9. Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......: TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error? Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system restores yesterday to undo an unwanted software update that was forced on me by one of my programs. I had to restore several times,...
  10. discord javascript error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    discord javascript error: I have deleted discord in the middle of a update and now cant reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-javascript-error/7a54edf3-f1c9-40a6-b065-a596ff81abb4