Windows 10: Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update

Discus and support Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My PC applied updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-14-2023-kb5023706-os-build-22621-1413-9d3f2de5-08e7-4462-8fba-d944201f4ae1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taeyoung Kim1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update

Hello,My PC applied updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-14-2023-kb5023706-os-build-22621-1413-9d3f2de5-08e7-4462-8fba-d944201f4ae1 on 3/17.I found out today that I can't hear any sound in discord voice chat.Other sounds work great, even discords other system sounds, only voice chat stopped working for me.I have tried updating audio driver as well, no luck.I am using GIGABYTE B660M AORUS PRO DDR4 and Intel i5-12400FI am using embedded Realtek High Definition Audio interface.Which is using 6.0.9313.1 version of driver released on 2022-02-15 says latest.Thanks.

:)

Taeyoung Kim1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Wile E Win User

Firefox 11 Goes Beta

That would be a valid point if the inflated version numbers didn't break some plug-ins.

Wile E, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Firefox 11 Goes Beta

They did it for two reasons:
    1- because both IE and Chrome numbers were suggestive of more advanced software; and
    2- most importantly, Mozilla sought to reduce the deployment cycle of software updates.

Their next step is to blur the lines of version numbers with a mechanism of persistent updates.

Personally I couldn't care less. I suggest that if anyone gets too caught up with version numbers they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

MikeMurphy, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update

1. Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Discord voicechat goes

2. Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.: Sometime on 4/10/2024 there was firmware update for windows 11 that dropped. I have 3 different working headsets: I hyperx cloud 2, a logictech 733, and a pretty crummy headset issued from my work, which still works ok. In any case, after the latest firmware update, Discord,...
  3. Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord voice and audio not working after latest Windows firmware update.: Sometime on 4/10/2024 there was firmware update for windows 11 that dropped. I have 3 different working headsets: I hyperx cloud 2, a logictech 733, and a pretty crummy headset issued from my work, which still works ok. In any case, after the latest firmware update, Discord,...
  4. Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord voicechat goes silent after latest Windows 11 update: Hello,My PC applied updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-14-2023-kb5023706-os-build-22621-1413-9d3f2de5-08e7-4462-8fba-d944201f4ae1 on 3/17.I found out today that I can't hear any sound in discord voice chat.Other sounds work great, even discords other...
  5. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  6. No Discord sound while streaming after latest cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Discord sound while streaming after latest cumulative update.: Yesterday was fine, not friend can't hear streaming sound . The only thing that I did was install the latest Win 10 update, could it be the issue? submitted by /u/Vigilantix [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds: Hello im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my speakers is really low. If i turn on any Movie, game, YouTube the audio is normal but after few seconds is turning silent and you...
  8. Audio gradually goes silent by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio gradually goes silent by itself: So the other day I start my HP Pavilion 15cw 1xxx go to youtube and turn on some music and I notice that my audio is slowly turning volume down but the volume is at 100%. I try several times turning the volume down manually and turning it back up and it works but then again...
  9. Media Player Goes Silent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player Goes Silent: Windows Media Player suddenly quit outputting audio from playing files. Seems the issue is a "generic driver", according to the trouble shooter. Is there a SIMPLE fix to get it going again? I just need to listen to a few files. I'd rather not have to turn to a different...
  10. Media Player Goes Silent

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Player Goes Silent: Windows Media Player suddenly quit outputting audio from playing files. Seems the issue is a "generic driver", according to the trouble shooter. Is there a SIMPLE fix to get it going again? I just need to listen to a few files. I'd rather not have to turn to a different...