Windows 10: Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

Discus and support Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so I have a weird problem, and Google gives me nothing... it seems to be something quite unusual. I have a PC tower with an Archer-T3U USB adapter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/digitalpuncake, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

Ok, so I have a weird problem, and Google gives me nothing... it seems to be something quite unusual. I have a PC tower with an Archer-T3U USB adapter. It works well. I have a 200 mbps Internet connection that is very fast and reliable. However, for some reason EVERY. TIME. i open the file explorer, Discord and Zoom lags (both on the 5ghz and 2.4ghz connection). I have NO IDEA why... it doesn't seem logical at all. When I close the File Explorer, it comes back. It is quite annoying, especially when i'm in class. I'm pretty sure it is not my connection, because Speed Tests give me great results and everything else related (downloads, videos...) works perfectly. I think it's the wifi adapter, because I don't remember having this problem before, and I got it 1-2 months ago (even though it works great and the drivers seem ok). Anyway, if someone could help me with this weird problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/digitalpuncake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/digitalpuncake, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

1. Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer - Similar Threads - Discord Zoom cuts

2. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  3. Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer: As said in subject my wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer. It only lasts a few seconds but wifi seems to cut out entirely. Anyone have a solution?...
  4. Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu: When I'm in a Zoom or Discord call, opening File Explorer seems to mess with my connection for a few seconds. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Qu4ckL0rd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcjy8w/zoom_discord_freeze_when_opening_file_explorer_or/
  5. Opening File Explorer causes WiFi to cut out

Opening File Explorer causes WiFi to cut out: As said in the title, whenever I open File Explorer, my WiFi signal will cut for around 5 seconds. I don't know much of the reasoning why this is. I am using a TP-Link Archer T4E Connected through PCIe, with the latest drivers, and using a 5G WiFi signal....
  6. Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that...

Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that...: I've had this issue with Discord for about a year now and never got it fixed. I've attempted support tickets with Discord 2 months ago, but according to them, everything that I've sent them reveals that the Discord app is running perfectly fine. That ticket is STILL open and...
  7. Images Zoom In when Opened

Images Zoom In when Opened: I have a situation where my images keep zooming in when I go to view them and then pulsate like I'm zooming in and out. When this happens I can't zoom back out and it just keeps doing this till I close the image. Please help me....
  8. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  9. When I open Discord, several world files opens

When I open Discord, several world files opens: When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915