Windows 10: Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...

Discus and support Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; During a recent search for a file in my C:\Users\cbbw2\OneDrive\Documents\N1MM+\ExportFiles\2020 folder I discovered that all files after Feb 12 do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CraigBerwaldt, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...

During a recent search for a file in my C:\Users\cbbw2\OneDrive\Documents\N1MM+\ExportFiles\2020 folder I discovered that all files after Feb 12 do not appear. After some searching I have determined that the missing files actually all files in the folder appear in location C:\Users\cbbw2\Documents\N1MM Logger+\ExportFiles\2020. Please note that this file path does not contain \OneDrive\. I am not at all sure how this change occurred, but i expect that it is self inflicted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Berwaldt

:)

CraigBerwaldt, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...

1. Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and... - Similar Threads - Discrepancy between files

2. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  3. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  4. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  5. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  6. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....: It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work around has already been described here. I have the problem with a JavaApp: all attempts to create a subdirectory in the...
  7. Document folder name Discrepancy

Document folder name Discrepancy: When setting up onedrive on my new computer, It started syncing and downloading all the files in our onedrive cloud, including those from other directories that we created using our web browser. I eventually stopped the sync and disabled/deleted onedrive, but now when I try...
  8. Documents folder in This PC

Documents folder in This PC: The Documents folder in My PC has changed it location from C:\Users\name\Documents to C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Documents all the other folders pictures music etc remain at the default location. When I press restored default a dialog box opens asking me if I want to move the...
  9. File size discrepancy

File size discrepancy: Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when attempting to download. (P.S. downloading .zip files to a USB appears to corrupt them)...
  10. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...