Windows 10: Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?

Discus and support Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 I recently bought a used 2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0, the original owner pulled it from a pre-built and had not used it at all, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by concord72, May 22, 2020.

1. concord72 Win User

Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?

Windows 10

I recently bought a used 2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0, the original owner pulled it from a pre-built and had not used it at all, only having powered it on to ensure it worked (I received it with 22 Power On hours only). I have been using this as my main storage drive for about 2 weeks. I also have a 4TB Seagate that I use to store all my movies and a NAS. When I download files from my seedbox thru Chrome, I'm only getting around 10 MB/s to the 2TB, even though I have a wired gigabit connection and I usually got 60 MB/s+. Downloading the same files to the 4TB and the NAS is fine, I get my full speeds (70-80 MB/s), so I know the issue isn't with my internet. If I copy paste the file from the 4TB to the 2TB i get good speeds, 100 MB/s+, so it's not an issue with the write speeds, right? I had this same exact issue with my last drive, which turned out was an SMR Seagate, so I replaced it with this drive, having made sure it isn't SMR, but somehow the problem persists. Any ideas?

:)

concord72, May 22, 2020

2. Different download speeds in Users

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you get same download speed every time your wife login?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suspect this might have caused due to some corruption in the Account.

Hence, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 22, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 22, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives? - Similar Threads - Discrepancy download speeds

2. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  3. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  4. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  6. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  7. Download speed different for other windows accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download speed different for other windows accounts: Having issues with download and upload speeds on the second windows account added to out new pc. The first account added downloads quite quick while doing anything on the internet with other accounts is much slower. Is there any reason why this might be or a setting that...
  8. Same computer different download speed by username

Same computer different download speed by username: Issue: Download speeds under one login name are about 1/2 of all other names. This happened after a windows 10 update. If I log in under username-1 my download speeds are about 18 MB/s. This is the main account. Log in under any other username (same computer) and...
  9. Downloading to a different hard drive

Downloading to a different hard drive: I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to...
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...