Windows 10: Discrete AMD 560x not showing in task manager but shows in device manager

Discus and support Discrete AMD 560x not showing in task manager but shows in device manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Laptop, Acer Nitro 5, model An515-43. As the name says, the discrete gpu which is an AMD 560x is not showing in task manager but shows in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoelDH, Dec 27, 2020.

1. JoelDH Win User

Discrete AMD 560x not showing in task manager but shows in device manager

Laptop, Acer Nitro 5, model An515-43. As the name says, the discrete gpu which is an AMD 560x is not showing in task manager but shows in device manager with a yellow triangle. Error code 43.

I have tried for about 12 hours a half dozen different ways to fix the problem, which started after I installed the windows update that released 12/4 ajd installed the adrenaline radeon software which is supposed to auto update the drivers. I am at my wits end with this one. The integrated gpu, amd vega 8 graphics, will show up as gpu 0 in task manager, and is showing a memory of 7 gb, even tho it only has 2 gb memory. Windows seems to be recognizing the integrated vega 8 graphics and is combining it with the 560x? I have uninstalled the 560x through device manager multiple times. Ive removed the adrenaline software and did a clean driver update. I have started windows in safe mode in which the yellow triangle on top of the 560x in device manager vanishes and nothing has worked.

I would try a reinstall of windows, but other people seem to have tried that and it has not worked. Also I don't want to lose my settings as I have alot of personal settings.

Any advice would be welcome at this point however. Also happy holidays!

:)

JoelDH, Dec 27, 2020

2. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Dec 27, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    XMP Profile 1600MHZ RAM, Task Manager Shows 1066

Windows ALWAYS shows stock rated speeds in Task Manager. My CPU runs at 4.5GHz and yet Task Manager shows 3.30 GHz I think (or 3.6) on the right side. However, under utilization column on the left, it shows the actual clock. Same goes for memory. Windows will show speed based on SPD on the right side. You can have it overclocked and it'll show stock speed there. Btw, XMP profiles are a form of overclock, so there's a reason why it still shows 1066MHz which is official rated speed for your platform.

RejZoR, Dec 27, 2020
  4. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Discrete AMD 560x not showing in task manager but shows in device manager - Similar Threads - Discrete AMD 560x

2. AMD and Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD and Task Manager: I have 2 PC's - 1 running AMD,1 running Intel.Both predominately run the same Distributed Computing.My Intel m/c shows on Task Manager 100% cpu usage.My AMD m/c AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.85 GHz shows Task Manager 28-40% cpu usage.However if I load the Open...
  3. AMD and Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD and Task Manager: I have 2 PC's - 1 running AMD,1 running Intel.Both predominately run the same Distributed Computing.My Intel m/c shows on Task Manager 100% cpu usage.My AMD m/c AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.85 GHz shows Task Manager 28-40% cpu usage.However if I load the Open...
  4. 8f2c2 Showing in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    8f2c2 Showing in Task Manager: Hi,I don't know if I should be worried as most of the services show 8f2c2 after their names.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8f2c2-showing-in-task-manager/ecec2915-e868-4bd5-bdf7-4ed3620be672
  5. 8f2c2 Showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8f2c2 Showing in Task Manager: Hi,I don't know if I should be worried as most of the services show 8f2c2 after their names.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8f2c2-showing-in-task-manager/ecec2915-e868-4bd5-bdf7-4ed3620be672
  6. 8f2c2 Showing in Task Manager

7. Explorer.exe is not showing in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe is not showing in task manager..: Sir,My laptop's screen got black suddenly but it was still running, I used hard start to open my laptop. Why does it happened?Also I checked task manager, explorer.exe was not showing there. Yesterday it was in the task manager.Please fix my problem, if it is a...
  8. Explorer.exe is not showing in task manager..

Explorer.exe is not showing in task manager..: Sir,My laptop's screen got black suddenly but it was still running, I used hard start to open my laptop. Why does it happened?Also I checked task manager, explorer.exe was not showing there. Yesterday it was in the task manager.Please fix my problem, if it is a...
  9. Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory: I have a Microsoft Display Adapter connected to my Blu-ray player. When I open my Windows 10 task manager, it is shown as being an app in use even though I am not connected to it at the time. Nor is the Blu-ray player on, but it still shows memory being used by the adaptor. I...
  10. Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory

Task Manager Shows Unused Device Using Memory: I have a Microsoft Display Adapter connected to my Blu-ray player. When I open my Windows 10 task manager, it is shown as being an app in use even though I am not connected to it at the time. Nor is the Blu-ray player on, but it still shows memory being used by the adaptor. I...