Windows 10: Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task...

Discus and support Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Lenovo community, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad130 laptop with AMD APU A6-9225 it comes with R4 Graphics, and it has a discrete GPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RamySalama, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task...

Hello Lenovo community, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad130 laptop with AMD APU A6-9225 it comes with R4 Graphics, and it has a discrete GPU: AMD Radeon 530 2GB.

I have an issue with Dedicated GPU memory it is incorrect in Task Manager, and games. the amount shown is only 512MB which is related to R4 graphics, Even that application settings were reviewed and i made sure that I selected High performance.

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... d01fb805-8b2e-416f-ab0f-81c952699f56?upload=true.jpg

Also in DXDIAG it shows only 512MB. this means for some reason my system is not using its full capacity and limited to almost 1/4 of the graphics memory?

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... 2e510f35-611a-4f55-a01b-959c38834371?upload=true.jpg

When I Used Windows 10 Build 1803 and 1809 Settings> Display Settings> Graphics Settings. (Screenshot attached) Windows Sees only the R4 graphics as both Power savings and High performance GPU. certainly that's not correct, it should be 2 different GPUs here, Could this be causing this issue ?

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... f26f6040-643c-499e-8441-a641e863236f?upload=true.jpg

I'm using the latest recommended OEM drivers, I tried multiple versions and used fresh installed windows after my research attempts didn't work.

The only place that shows correct adapter information is Radeon Settings and msinfo32

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... 06e392ac-b683-4017-b3dd-68f38b2ec3c8?upload=true.jpg

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... 75e186c2-0200-4d44-b2e9-123399172736?upload=true.jpg

Please advise. Many thank

:)

RamySalama, Dec 7, 2018

2. dedicated video memory

Hi,

A dedicated, or discrete, GPU has its own independent source of video memory, leaving the RAM your system uses untouched. To increase the dedicated video memory, we recommend to follow the steps on this
    thread provided by
    Guru Kiran G.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task...

Regarding Dedicated graphics

Sir please clear my confusion

• There is a program called DXDIAG when i open it and click on display it shows graphic memory 2136 mb but when i open intel graphic properties it shows dedicated video memory 128 mb so where all the left memory used.
    • Is updating driver really helpful especially graphic drivers.
    • How to increase dedicated memory from 128 to 512 because mylaptop contain 4 gb ram.
    • When i enter BIOS i do not locate configuration tab what to do,help me to provide the advance bios mode

Shivam Strange, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task...

1. Discrete GPU is not listed in Graphics settings, Dedicated memory is incorrect in Task... - Similar Threads - Discrete GPU listed

2. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  3. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  4. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  5. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  6. Laptop, Dedicated GPU doesn't appear on graphic settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Dedicated GPU doesn't appear on graphic settings: So i have a problem with Graphic settings that don't see my dedicated gpu.I already searched the internet looking for a solution:Update the drivers: Done, the most recent updated driver iwas of 2018 so..Reinstall the gpu driver: Done, same results...
  7. Laptop, Dedicated GPU doesn't appear on graphic settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop, Dedicated GPU doesn't appear on graphic settings: So i have a problem with Graphic settings that don't see my dedicated gpu.I already searched the internet looking for a solution:Update the drivers: Done, the most recent updated driver iwas of 2018 so..Reinstall the gpu driver: Done, same results...
  8. dedicated gpu shown on device manager but not on graphics settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu shown on device manager but not on graphics settings: Hi, I've been trying to force windows to use my dedicated gpu on Minecraft through graphic settings however it only detects the integrated intel gpu for all options including high-performance. I don't think it is a gpu problem since when I run other games like Valorant, it is...
  9. Dedicated GPU Not Showing In Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated GPU Not Showing In Graphics Settings: hello support so i bought this Asus X555BP over a year ago and changed the harddisk to SSD a few months ago AMD A9 Radeon R5 Integrated/Radeon HD 8500 Dedicated i wanted to change a game's graphics preference to dedicated which is my HD 8500 and i get this [ATTACH] ^...
  10. Outlook Dedicated GPU memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Dedicated GPU memory: Hello, Having some weird hangs issues while using 3dsmax and photoshop I start to look at Task Manager for cpu and gpu usage and found out that outlook is using a huge amount of gpu memory, I don't know if this is always been like this but I don't see how outlook would...