Windows 10: discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

Discus and support discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by spayk, Jun 3, 2018.

1. spayk Win User

discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is running with 0 GPU (which is intel) and it also colides with the web browser which is stuttering. I have changed everything in the Nvidia panel and also intel panel to save options for each application to seperate nvidia from intel graphics, but it does not seem to work.
    So my question is, is there any way to set up and force assign of nvidia graphic or intel graphics card through the registry (regedit)?
    My specs are:
    clevo based laptop,
    windows 10 (latest build),
    intel processor i-7700hq,
    intel graphic card 630,
    nvidia graphic card 1050 ti,
    16 gb of ram.
    Greetings.

:)

spayk, Jun 3, 2018
  2. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Honza M. Win User
    Lost access to the discrete NVIDIA GPU on T530 W10

Hello,

I have not found any solution online therefore I am asking for any help.

Before updating to current "stable" build 10586.3 Optimus graphics switching in Lenovo T530 worked just fine. After the yesterday's update everything has gone wrong... Black screens, uncompatible drivers, display port not working, etc...

Resulting situation:

I have tried many different ways of repairing / removing and reinstalling different versions of the either NVIDIA or the Microsoft drivers. Via regular update, download, or manual offline search for drivers. None of these work.

I have tried the most recent ones (NVIDIA and Microsoft), older ones (NVIDIA) and even windows 7 and 8.1 drivers.

None of these work correctly - mostly you either get flickering on the laptop display and unstable behaviour (w7, 8.1 drivers) or they report failure. NVIDIA control panel sometimes launched and sometimes not.

Settings in display settings in w10 have no effect whatsoever. Only possible output is VGA... Displayport not shown.

Switching to the discrete GPU in BIOS does not solve any problems and depending on the driver / scenario used results in black screen / flickering messages or reversion to the default intel graphics.

I have no more ideas how to proceed... It was all working just ok before the November update.

Any suggestions would be more then welcome.

Honza M., Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

1. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel) - Similar Threads - discrete GPU nvidia

2. Game didn't use the discrete GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game didn't use the discrete GPU: I have one game that runs just fine before but now it won't use discrete GPU no matter what I do it still won't use it, the game is Grounded Steam version it recently has a full release update and since then the game won't use a discrete GPU even though I force it to but the...
  3. Game didn't use the discrete GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game didn't use the discrete GPU: I have one game that runs just fine before but now it won't use discrete GPU no matter what I do it still won't use it, the game is Grounded Steam version it recently has a full release update and since then the game won't use a discrete GPU even though I force it to but the...
  4. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  5. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  6. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU: Hey. I recently played minecraft once. And i was surprised by the fact that i was getting low fps.I set the right GPU for it, and in the f3 screen it shows NVIDIA GTX 1650 only. But when i saw task manager, i saw something else. It was using the intel GPU. the graphs for...
  7. wudfhost.exe on discrete GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wudfhost.exe on discrete GPU: I'm trying to get wudfhost.exe to run on my discrete GPU. I've set this in the 'Graphics settings' in Windows 10, as well as in the Nvidia Control Panel, + set the discrete GPU as the preferred graphics processor globally (instead of the integrated GPU), yet it still doesn't...
  8. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  9. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  10. Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU: I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows laptop discrete gpu not listed

2. intel GPU and gpu activation 2019