Windows 10: Discs disappeared, what to do?

Discus and support Discs disappeared, what to do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I had a freeze frame on my laptop today, so I turned it off. When I turned it on again, the laptop got stuck in the Asus charging screen (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhSaft, Aug 9, 2020.

1. AhSaft Win User

Discs disappeared, what to do?

Hello,

I had a freeze frame on my laptop today, so I turned it off. When I turned it on again, the laptop got stuck in the Asus charging screen (not even the charging icon was there, only the Asus text). I then started the boot-up manually via the BIOS. When I wanted to continue working normally, I noticed that suddenly the D: disk disappeared. I have already tested tools like EaseUs or AOMEI, but it is not a partition but a whole disk, so it didn't help me much.

I have also checked the BIOS to see if the disk is no longer recognized, but it is still there. Only Windows seems to have problems recognizing it.

It would be nice if you have suggestions for solutions to share them with me!

:)

AhSaft, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Discs disappeared, what to do? - Similar Threads - Discs disappeared

2. External drive appears to be recognized by windows, but disappears when a disc is placed in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive appears to be recognized by windows, but disappears when a disc is placed in...: As the title says, I can't get my external drive to work. It has worked in the past, and when it has done so the icon on the drive turned from what it is normally the to a blue disc. Now however it just disappears and nothing plays. Unfortunately I cannot upload screenshots...
  3. External drive appears to be recognized by windows, but disappears when a disc is placed in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive appears to be recognized by windows, but disappears when a disc is placed in...: As the title says, I can't get my external drive to work. It has worked in the past, and when it has done so the icon on the drive turned from what it is normally the to a blue disc. Now however it just disappears and nothing plays. Unfortunately I cannot upload screenshots...
  4. External drive appears to be recognized by windows, but disappears when a disc is placed in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. D disc disappears after every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D disc disappears after every restart.: I can make it work in Disc Management but it disappears again after restart. I tried plugging in and out, resetting my pc, changing disc letter etc.Also when it disappears, it still shows up in the Disc Management. Like it's just disappears from File Explorer.My D disc is...
  6. D disc disappears after every restart.

D disc disappears after every restart.: I can make it work in Disc Management but it disappears again after restart. I tried plugging in and out, resetting my pc, changing disc letter etc.Also when it disappears, it still shows up in the Disc Management. Like it's just disappears from File Explorer.My D disc is...
  7. Disc Drive has completely disappeared

Disc Drive has completely disappeared: I have a laptop with two internal drives: a 500GB C:Drive and a 1TB D:Drive. When I turned on my PC this morning I noticed that my D:Drive with 500GB of stuff stored on it had disappeared, and I'm unable to access any of the data stored in it.I've been doing research and...
  8. Discs/Partitions disappear from my computer

Discs/Partitions disappear from my computer: Hello When i enter to "My Computer" my Discs/Partitions E(its was called D before), F besides C are gone! Imgur: The magic of the Internet Before Imgur: The magic of the Internet After (Disc C had reduced space because ive installed 18 Wheels of Steel - American Long Haul...
  9. Discs/Partitions disappear from my computer

Discs/Partitions disappear from my computer: Hello When i enter to "My Computer" my Discs/Partitions E(its was called D before), F besides C are gone! Imgur: The magic of the Internet Before Imgur: The magic of the Internet After (Disc C had reduced space because ive installed 18 Wheels of Steel - American Long Haul...
  10. Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc: Hi Guys I scanned documents directly on to a DVD. I viewed the files on the DVD to look at a file, everything was fine at that point. Then I viewed the files again a second time, they had gone. The 'files waiting to be burnt' or similar message came up, but ignored it;...