Windows 10: Discuss add-on & yahoo.com is not responding

Discus and support Discuss add-on & yahoo.com is not responding in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Today I helped my brother to learn Win10 and I am used to using EDGE. He was interested in using IE11 since that is what he uses to play Pogo on his... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Discuss add-on & yahoo.com is not responding

Today I helped my brother to learn Win10 and I am used to using EDGE.
    He was interested in using IE11 since that is what he uses to play Pogo on his Win7 computer.
    His home page on his Win7 computer in IE11 is Yahoo
    When we connected to IE11 on his Win10 computer the following message showed up on the bottom of the screen.
    --- The ‘Discuss’ add-on from an unknown publisher is ready for use
    --- I did not enable it: Is it ok to enable it?
    --- Even though it shows that it’s from an unknown publisher, is that something that Yahoo allows and works with?

While still in IE11 and Yahoo on his Win10 computer
    The following message also showed up on the bottom of the screen when he clicked on Mail.
    --- yahoo.com is not responding Recover webpage.
    The Yahoo webpage never recovered and nothing could be done Yahoo’s page.
    --- Could that be because I did not enable the Discuss add-on?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 20, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

E-mail address in verification box for microsoft acct. not correct

In this discussion the words 'Microsoft account' mean the account listed under these words in settings, email+accounts. All this means is the primary account for the phone.

As you can see you can not enter a complete email address in the forum. Use just yahoo.com or live .com. The account name under Microsoft account in settings, email+accounts can be yahoo.com or live.com.
    Which is it?

When the phone asks for a password for your Microsoft account this could be the live.com or yahoo.com, depending which is listed under 'Microsoft account in email+accounts.

If yahoo is there it is perfectly normal for you to log into this site using yahoo.com and its password

garym123, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Windows 7 Backup Failing after Windows 10 Anniversary Install with Access Denied on Toshiba G: Drive 0x078014B error code

Hello Rachelle,

Thanks for the methods. I did them both and I only received a yahoo.com not responding message once afterwards. However after I enabled my AdBlock Plus add-on, I thought I was receiving them more frequently, but when I disabled I still got them all the
    time so I'm not sure. The add-on worked fine for months before the Windows 10 anniversary update. What do you think?

Thanks, Claude

Claudito2N, Jan 20, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Discuss add-on & yahoo.com is not responding

Internet Explorer is dead. Use either Chrome or Firefox if Edge does not work.

bro67, Jan 20, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    Never a good idea to open an unknown add-on.

Check the Event Viewer for IE errors and "google" the Event ID for further info. May want to run a system scan with your AV, run Adw Cleaner, and clear your temp files, cookies, etc.

torre, Jan 22, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is a part of the Microsoft Office and Office 365 Packages, nothing to do with Yahoo and no malware.

bro67, Jan 22, 2017
  7. GregoryP Win User
    Simply Edge is a new generated version of Internet Explorer
    Just a new name and User Interface, but is still a old Internet Explorer. Marketing Stuff.

GregoryP, Jan 28, 2017
  8. CmmTch Win User

I have been for the most part forced to Edge, IE simply does not function reliably through Yahoo, over the last couple months I've had repeated freeze ups, recover webpage errors, etc... I'm using w10 Home, my personal opinion is MS is doing everything it can to move users off of IE even it means causing continuous problems.

It sounds like tin foil hat, conspiracy stuff but on the computers I have that have W10 home (my desktop, one my of wife's laptops) IE is barely usable anymore. We've both moved to Edge on those boxes. OTOH I have a couple laptops with W10 Pro, and one of my wife's has W10 Pro. Unlike the W10 Home versions, the laptops with W10 Pro have very little trouble running IE, hardly ever freezing up. Although still some Yahoo trouble, not as much with IE on those systems.

My theory is since many enterprise systems will use the Pro version, MS is not interfering. I know, it's not anything other than an opinion, but I can't get it out of my mind that it's all social engineering to move Home users to Edge.

But another note, Yahoo has definitely been acting squirrelly for a while now, especially their news pages and posting reactions to story's. Yahoo mail is also been having problems every once in a while.

As a workaround you might have him try Firefox, it's very much like IE, much more so than Edge.

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Discuss add-on & yahoo.com is not responding - Similar Threads - Discuss add yahoo

2. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  3. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  4. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome": The last few days when I open Yahoo, there's a banner across the bottom telling me I need to upgrade or update current extension or loose it. I did that but I keep getting that banner even though I did what was required the first time it showed up. If I try doing it again, my...
  5. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome": The last few days when I open Yahoo, there's a banner across the bottom telling me I need to upgrade or update current extension or loose it. I did that but I keep getting that banner even though I did what was required the first time it showed up. If I try doing it again, my...
  6. Repetitive "add Yahoo to Chrome"

7. Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I've successfully added my Yahoo.ca account to Windows 10 mail in the past. For some reason it was disconnected. I tried adding it again using the account password and the app password created through Yahoo. Both don't work. I have two-step verification set up in...
  8. Add Network Location (Not Responding)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Network Location (Not Responding): Attempting to add an network location using that feature of Explorer in Win 10 1909 18363.720. After input of network path location and selecting Next the wizard stops becoming unresponsive, and shows in title bar (Not Responding). I have waited as much as 30 minutes but the...
  9. Yahoo Account won't add to Outlook 365

Yahoo Account won't add to Outlook 365: I have tried to add my Yahoo Mail Account to Outlook 365. First I tried to add automatically and then followed instructions to add manually with no success. Here are the settings in another mail program that is working fine with my Yahoo mail account. [ATTACH] Here...
  10. Yahoo not responding

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo not responding: I get this almost every time I go on yahoo with edge, page freezes, edge says yahoo not responding. This does not happen with firefox. My guess is edge problem. Anyone know more. 79059

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo broken on waterfox 2018