Windows 10: Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

Discus and support Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers' in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I dug my way thru all 6 pages of this thread and read plenty of 'listen to me' comments. Snake oil or otherwise, if used with commensense and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by miel, Jun 4, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

I just did a fast search and I found this:
    What is the dxgkrnl.sys file?

HTH

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2016
  2. NZTinker Win User

Thanks BunnyJ,
    Nothing new to be learned there unfortunately. I know what dxgkrnl.sys is and that it gets loaded in or put on the system files by a variety of programs, however the question I keep asking and which almost seems like asking a FreeMason in house secrets is. What and how is driving the loading of that file? And so far nobody knows or is willing to say.
    All I know is I have up to 6 versions on my system, with file sizes ranging from 250Kb to 1.9Mg and as it so happens it tries to load 6 times at final booting and fails 5 times. So what the heck is driving that repeated loading? And not even consistently either as each log file shows a differing order for when files are loaded.
    It remains a mistery and seemingly a MS secret that those that know won't share with the world.

Frustratingly yours

NZTinker, Jun 16, 2016
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    It's a DirectX driver file and if you don't need or use DirectX you can uninstall it. There are instructions on how to do this in that link.

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

And this is a challenging comment. Judgemental at the same time. Moreover, this question does not fit in the discussion of the current thread. You should have made a separate thread for this question. Still we can try to answer to your question provided you provide adequate information.

Bootlogging is enabled for troubleshooting. That means, if bootlogging is enabled, there is a trouble. What is it? The behavior of the driver is highly influenced by the nature of the issue. We need to know the issue it at first.

Boot logging creates a file, ntbtlog.txt. Collect it and upload it here. It will tell us what is actually going on.

Till now we dont have any of the basic information. At that point we can only the basic thing. That is, If you are running the computer in safe mode, none of the DirectX components including dxgkrnl.sys will load at all.
    But if it happens in normal mode, then there is some issue relating to the display environment (which contains a lot of hardware, software and environmental variables; DirectX is almost never the main soure of the issue reported to be caused by it).
    After that, troubleshooting may be started, but definitely in a different thread. Create a new one, give me the link to that one.

We are neither interested nor responsible for the activities of the other forums.
    Right direction for you is, create a new thread. Explain the issue properly, attach the Ntbtlog.txt file (will be found in C drive), give me a link.

Thema:

1. Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers' - Similar Threads - Discuss uses 'registry

2. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Cleaner: I was looking for ways to boost my computer's performance, so I thought getting a registry cleaner would help. I did some research and the two most highly rated cleaners were Iolo System Mechanic and CCleaner. I'm not sure which is safer and more amateur friendly, so I wanted...
  3. Which registry cleaner to use ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which registry cleaner to use ?: So I had Mass Effect + Dead Space + Battlefield 3 installed through Origin... I uninstalled Origin before uninstalling the games first.... People say I should have uninstalled the games through Origin first. Because If I don't there will be registry left overs... So I want...
  4. Which registry cleaner to use ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which registry cleaner to use ?: So I had Mass Effect + Dead Space + Battlefield 3 installed through Origin... I uninstalled Origin before uninstalling the games first.... People say I should have uninstalled the games through Origin first. Because If I don't there will be registry left overs... So I want...
  5. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Cleaner: Hello, I need to use a Registry Cleaner for Dell Windows 10; Is it guarantee the functionality of the application? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-cleaner/5b375af5-c765-4005-84ec-1b8dccc1e065
  6. GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations: What do you think about tools that clean up and optimize the PC. Basically, I'm very cautious now regarding the use of external - not Windows 10 OnBoard Tools. With the registry cleaners, I've done more harm than good. There are suddenly empty entries in the registry...
  7. Registry cleaners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry cleaners: What is your opinion about registry cleaning programs? Are they useful or not so much, and which ones would you recommend? I've been using JetClean for a while and, while it says it cleans a lot of shortcuts, RAM etc., there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvements...
  8. Which Registry Cleaner to Use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Registry Cleaner to Use?: I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is now one year old. I use CCleaner and several malware removal programs. Each has the option to remove registry entries. I have taken the approach not to remove registry entries that they identify. I want to be sure it won't harm the...
  9. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...