Windows 10: Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

Discus and support Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonHenschel, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware is AM3 with an AMD 640 quad core and 8 gb of RAM and a modern Nvidia GPU. It is late AM3 with a socket that an AM3+ processor will fit into but will not operate due to BIOS limitations likely 2014 vintage. For several years now evertime I recieve an update, Microsoft slams in a TOTALLY INCORRECT graphics driver, even though I go directly to the manufacturers website and download the correct and latest driver. After this is done I have excelle

:)

DonHenschel, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Mar 18, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

1. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Discussion serial problems

2. Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to kick off a discussion about the recent updates and offerings on Microsoft.com. Microsoft is constantly evolving its products and services, and its official website is a great place to stay updated on all things...
  3. Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discussing the Latest Microsoft.com Updates and Offerings: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to kick off a discussion about the recent updates and offerings on Microsoft.com. Microsoft is constantly evolving its products and services, and its official website is a great place to stay updated on all things...
  4. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates: Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware is AM3 with an AMD 640 quad core and 8 gb of RAM and a modern Nvidia GPU. It is late AM3 with a socket that an AM3+ processor...
  5. Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discussion on serial problems with Windows Updates: Split from this thread. I will tell you EXACTLY what my update problems are which appear to be a problem with NUMEROUS people!First of all my hardware is AM3 with an AMD 640 quad core and 8 gb of RAM and a modern Nvidia GPU. It is late AM3 with a socket that an AM3+ processor...
  6. Macrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect 8 Update Discussion: Looks like we need a new thread, since Macrium Reflect 8 will soon be released. Since I like to be up-to-date, I'll be updating. *Smile 170759
  7. Windows 10 serial problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 serial problem: to MS: Can you make windows 10 not like **** google look and feel layout? wasting space, not easy understand meaning, ugly, unnecessary flow make me do more than before windows and sob ubuntu like keyboard typing search app feature (why don't chose debian), please give me a...
  8. Having problems with submitting a question/discussion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having problems with submitting a question/discussion: TEST Having problems with submitting a question/discussion. Press 'Submit' button and it turns light blue but nothing happens. Get the red do not enter symbol when I hover over the submit button....
  9. A discussion about updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A discussion about updating drivers: I want to initiate a serious talk about updating drivers on Windows 10. Some of you use tools for updating, some of you don't recommend tools. Some of you recommend the WU version of the drivers, some of you recommend the OEM drivers and some of you recommend the ones...
  10. 'defaultuser()' Discussion

in Windows 10 Support
    'defaultuser()' Discussion: Hello ! I've noticed that lately the 'General Discussions' section is just questions and answers. And I can't say I wasn't part of that, because I come here with most of my pc stuff that I can't fix on my own. So this is intended to be a discussion, because we shouldn't...