Windows 10: DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC

Discus and support DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While attempting to partition a spare Seagate hard drive (USB) I downloaded DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en, installed it and tried to run it; however, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dustymars, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dustymars Win User

DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC

While attempting to partition a spare Seagate hard drive (USB) I downloaded DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en, installed it and tried to run it; however, it just sat and did nothing. My PC has a Seagate drive and on the USB drive enclosure was a similar drive. Well, I waited for the program to do something but it did not. So the logical thing to do is forget the spare drive and uninstall DiscWizard. It appeared to be uninstalling when it just sat and did nothing. Called up Task Master, located DiscWizard program install and ended it.

Hum, it did a reboot and the Blue Screen appeared; could not do anything – it was crashed for good. Had to use mu restore CD and get my OC back running. Looked at the drives with PC Manager and it looks okay except the backup drive was not labeled, so I labeled it G: and it works well. I am afraid to use the latest Macrium Reflect to restore my drive and hope it boots up okay.

It has been at least 40 years since I had a Blue screen or basic drive problems, and getting forgetful. Yes, I ran all the prerequisite virus, Malware and other junk scans and “scannow.” All appears to be okay. Any suggestions as to why this happened?

:)

dustymars, Feb 27, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    KAPERSKY CRASHED MY PC

KIS 2016 works well on my copy of Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Feb 27, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Oh dear - DiskWizard is 'engineered' by Acronis. They design some really poor software - this seems to be yet another example.

I use Revo Uninstaller to force uninstallation of poorly designed software. I've used the excellent free Minitool Partition Wizard for fiddling with partitions many times without any problems.

I hope you recover your PC and have more success using MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Steve C, Feb 27, 2018
  5. dustymars Win User
    Yes, after some thought the old methods came back to me, so I made a new recovery CD on my wife's identical PC and that revived my Windows. Why installing a program would remove orchange my drive ID is beyond me so I just revived that too. Sometimes we fall for stuff we regret.

dustymars, Feb 27, 2018
  6. dustymars Win User
    I tried Minitool Partition Wizard to fixthat Seagate drive, but it didn’t work. Have no clue why that drive will not cooperate. I used the same drive enclosure with mybackup Seagate disk and it work fine, but the other disk will not partitionlike Macrium Reflect wants to clone her drive. Oh well, it was an el-cheap-o disk so will find another one.

dustymars, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC - Similar Threads - DiscWizardSetup 1806036 Crashed

2. My pc crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc crashes: Hey my problem is that my pc crashes when i start playing more demanding games, it just freezes up and i can't do any thing besides press reset button on my pc.in event log it shows this every time it crashes - <Event...
  3. My PC Crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Crashed: Hi, I'm trying to learn what does this error code mean. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crashed/1f5b5b64-69d7-41ac-98b1-5412d86eb1aa
  4. My PC Crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC Crashed: Hi, I'm trying to learn what does this error code mean. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crashed/1f5b5b64-69d7-41ac-98b1-5412d86eb1aa
  5. My PC is crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is crashing: Hi,So My pc has been crashing so I resetted the pc then after 1 day It started doing that again and I installed whocrashed and it says this "6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It...
  6. Pc crash en updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc crash en updates: Hallo, Ik was zonet aan het werken op mijn computer wanneer deze ineenst vastliep. Heb 15 minuten gewacht en er gebeurde niks. Niks werkte. Wanneer ik mijn computer forceer herstarte werd ik gegroet met een van die ontzettend vervelende updates die uit het niets komt waarna...
  7. My pc is crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is crashing: My pc is getting crashed so often for no reason..Im crashing in game too.Please help me. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-crashing/acc0af71-07b1-4436-b3ef-dcc1f70fb4ab
  8. my pc crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my pc crashed: after 2 years ive done a restore but its back to windows 8 and I had windows 10 how can I get that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-crashed/46734f1f-6e22-4023-bd97-8938b06794ee
  9. Problema en mi Pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problema en mi Pc: Hola. Tengo una Computadora MSI 52 M 7RC i7 7700 hq 8 RAM 1tb DD tarjeta de video de 2gb Ultimamente esta poniendome muchos problemas, al encenderla puede durarme hasta 10 minutos o mas para cargar la tengo para edición de videos, se traba mucho con los programas se...
  10. DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en Crashed My PC: While attempting to partition a spare Seagate hard drive (USB)I downloaded DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en, installed it and tried to run it;however, it just sat and did nothing. My PC has a Seagate drive and on the USB driveenclosure was a similar drive. Well, Iwaited for the...