Windows 10: Disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that had been running for 10 hours

Discus and support Disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that had been running for 10 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that I had been running for more than 10 hours (overnight), to install these pathetic useless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Jr, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

Disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that had been running for 10 hours

This disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that I had been running for more than 10 hours (overnight), to install these pathetic useless updates.

Someone once said that he has more trouble managing machines with windows, than all other systems he has combined.

How stupid can these MS idiots be? Why do we need to have every single new update, and why is it more important that our own tasks that they can shut them down to install these unsolicited updates?

I was so so mad and angry, it was like Murphy's law, I couldn't believe when I saw the pest reinitiating, ruining the work of hours and hours.

Question: how do I disable this pest? Does disabling the windows updates service only work? Does it take more?

:)

Thomas Jr, Dec 14, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that had been running for 10 hours

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Disgraceful windows 10 updates shut down a program that had been running for 10 hours - Similar Threads - Disgraceful updates shut

2. ltsc shuts down in an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ltsc shuts down in an hour: ltsc shuts down in an hour it shuts down for no reason no overheating this only happens with ltsc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ltsc-shuts-down-in-an-hour/daf2a536-615c-4891-99d4-e83c88510c99
  3. ltsc shuts down in an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ltsc shuts down in an hour: ltsc shuts down in an hour it shuts down for no reason no overheating this only happens with ltsc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ltsc-shuts-down-in-an-hour/daf2a536-615c-4891-99d4-e83c88510c99
  4. ltsc shuts down in an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shutting down Windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutting down Windows 10 without updating: Is there any way to shut down Windows 10 without updating? As I am affected by the cold weather and have rolling blackouts, I need to know if there's any way to safely shut my computer down without updating in the event one is pending. Having to hold the power button to shut...
  6. Win 10 Shutting down every hour or so.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Shutting down every hour or so.: Not sure what's going on, it started today. It shows the windows is shutting down screen. No events in the event log. Utterly confused here. Anyone know what might be the cause? submitted by /u/MailmetotheMoon [link] [comments]...
  7. WINDOWS 10 IS A DISGRACE

WINDOWS 10 IS A DISGRACE: So, I've been trying to download, well EVERYTHING from old games to printer CDs which all of them are legit and have worked previously onto a new computer with windows 10... it. will. not. download. ANYTHING!!! I very LITERALLY DETEST Windows 10!! I didn't even know that it...
  8. My computer had been shutting down automatically on low battery and only lasts one hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer had been shutting down automatically on low battery and only lasts one hour: Recently my computer4 years old has been automatically shutting down from anywhere at 20% to 15% on battery only. I do not receive the notification my power is low and sometimes there isn't even the green icon that signified low battery on the bottom right corner of my...
  9. Programs shutting down

Programs shutting down: My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more than 5-10 minutes before it all shuts down. Same with Chrome and other programs. One store said it was a bad harddrive and...
  10. My programs shut down randomly on windows 10

My programs shut down randomly on windows 10: So.. I've had games shut down randomly, torrent downloads unterrupted and shut down, installations shut down and every time this happens my D disk opens up right away. On games it is random but there are some things that get shut down constantly. I had to resume my torrent...