Windows 10: DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18

Discus and support DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had DISH services with a Hopper 3 receiver for about a year. For the first few months My dishanywhere app was working great on all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jasonrcody, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18

I have had DISH services with a Hopper 3 receiver for about a year. For the first few months My dishanywhere app was working great on all of my devices (android phone, mac and PC). Around September 1st the video player would attempt to load after I selected a program from the guide on dishanywhere.com, it would "connect" to the Hopper, show the title of the program I selected, and begin the timer counting up as if it was trying to play the tv channel I chose. The counter would freeze at about 4-6 seconds and the player would remain black. I made sure my Mbps was strong and it was and even tried every browser I could think of - same issue. This has gone on for months now and several DISH tech support reps could not explain it. I tried again today 12/5/18 and a DISH tech support rep told me that it has to do with a windows 10 update and to contact them. I spent a bit of time researching this issue on line and looking for chats regarding similar issues and couldn't find anything helpful or current. I finally decided to go to Microsoft support and initiate a chat with someone from microsoft. In quick order, they solved the issue and my dish anywhere is fully functioning again! Bottom line is that there is in fact a solution out there and I wanted to post this for those of us in similar situations. All it required was a "clean boot." It required a couple of simple steps that they walked me through (not posting them here because I don't remember them all and I don't want to misdirect anyone). But there is a solution - a "clean boot." What I don't know is if i'll have to do that procedure each time I want to use dishanywhere or if this is an ongoing fix, but contact Microsoft support and they seem to be able to walk you through a fix.

:)

Jasonrcody, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ovr40Gamr Win User

dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18

Did the updates that came out 9/12 and 9/13/18 and now the dish anywhere player will not work. It just freezes up and sometimes will say internet isn't good enough. That's not it. Can use it on phone and stream from any other website and netflix. According
    to speedtest I have 32meg speed. Happened right after update. Doesn't work with any browser, Edge, Chrome or IE. Tried uninstalling updates but it won't give me the option to do it for the windows 10 update. Please fix or give some solution.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Ovr40Gamr, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Dish Anywhere - Receiver Offline

I have tried multiple times to connect Dish Anywhere from my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface. It works on my IPAD and Kindle - but not the Surface. The error is "Receiver Offline". I have followed the steps to reset the Hopper w/Sling and the Internet
    Router without success. There is no Dish Anywhere app for Windows, simply go to Dish and log in. Any suggestions?

KarenKing5, Dec 5, 2018
  4. JB Knox Win User

DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18

Music CD's won't play on Media Player 12

Media Player 12 does not recognize the codec for my cd's when I load they are loaded and the play list generated.

This is the error message I received:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

I checked the list of codecs so this shouldn't be an issue.

JB Knox, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18

1. DISH anwhere player not loading/freezing Windows10 12/5/18 - Similar Threads - DISH anwhere player

2. Windows10 media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 media player: Windows10, media player, how do I download a play list to an external hard drive, step by step please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-media-player/632f753c-5daa-42dc-952a-0c4a05afbb49
  3. WINDOWS10 MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS10 MEDIA PLAYER: MY WINDOWS10 MEDIA PLAYER POST A MESSAGE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM WHILE CREATING OR SAVING A PLAYLIST . I`VE TRIED RE-INSTALL BUT STILL SAME RESULTS SO WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY ?....
  4. Dish anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dish anywhere: How do I install dish anywhere to my windows 10 on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dish-anywhere/048b22a5-5aef-4018-aecd-ff957fdff3f6
  5. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  6. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  7. windows player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows player 12: como solucionar que wimdowsm12 plyer trabaje en wind. 10 correctamente https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-player-12/172a3f92-1e70-47b8-8085-0c5338d14b0a
  8. dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18: Did the updates that came out 9/12 and 9/13/18 and now the dish anywhere player will not work. It just freezes up and sometimes will say internet isn't good enough. That's not it. Can use it on phone and stream from any other website and netflix. According to speedtest I...
  9. dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18: Did the updates that came out 9/12 and 9/13/18 and now the dish anywhere player will not work. It just freezes up and sometimes will say internet isn't good enough. That's not it. Can use it on phone and stream from any other website and netflix. According to speedtest I...
  10. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dishanywhere speed

2. dishanywhere freezes at chose your profile windows 10