Windows 10: disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep

Discus and support disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 up to date.Something new is happening on my computer since 2 days ago.When I stop working I put my computer to sleep with the power button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JMB1502, Jun 16, 2024.

1. JMB1502 Win User

disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep

Windows 11 up to date.Something new is happening on my computer since 2 days ago.When I stop working I put my computer to sleep with the power button. Now everytime I bring it out of sleep by touching keyboard I found that my main data disk D: has disappeared. In the system log I do have the message "disk 0 has been surprise removed".I reboot the computer and then it is fine.However I found a shorter way : If I go to device manager right after going out of sleep the disk is indeed not here. But if I "scan for hardware changes" right click my disk magically appears and everything is in or

:)

JMB1502, Jun 16, 2024

2. Disk surprise removed. But it doesn't exist.

So I'm playing train sim world 3 and it crashes with an access violation error. I check event viewer and there is an event id 157 a.k.a disk surprise removed. Specifically disk 4 surprise removed, but I only have disks numbered 0-3. No disk4 exists in this system, atleast not physically.
    disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep 7a59466e-864d-47c6-b647-3f8d9e1624ea?upload=true.png

disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep 47dcdf31-fb04-4521-a667-33f7c13befa9?upload=true.png

PekkaPalin, Jun 16, 2024
  3. PSU170 Win User
    Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

I consistently get the event ID 157 "Disk 2 has been surprise removed."

However, there is no disk 2.

I have a disk 0 which is a mounted SSD for data storage and a Disk 1 which is an NVMe for the system.

I have already checked the connection of both drives (even though neither is "drive 2"). I have run Scannow, restore health and chkdsk commands.

It seems to happen randomly. The times in event viewer do not correlate with startup, shut down or waking from sleep.

Any help is appreciated.

PSU170, Jun 16, 2024
  4. disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep

Disk surprise removed. But it doesn't exist.

They are not totally full. It seems like that its a feature of DISKPART that it shows all disks as full. What do you mean in windows drives are listed differently? Task manager shows 0-3, disk manager shows 0-3. Only one that doesn't is explorer because it shows letters and not numbers.

PekkaPalin, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep

1. disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep - Similar Threads - disk has been

2. disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk 0 has been surprise removed after going out of sleep: Windows 11 up to date.Something new is happening on my computer since 2 days ago.When I stop working I put my computer to sleep with the power button. Now everytime I bring it out of sleep by touching keyboard I found that my main data disk D: has disappeared. In the system...
  3. Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: I consistently get the event ID 157 "Disk 2 has been surprise removed." However, there is no disk 2. I have a disk 0 which is a mounted SSD for data storage and a Disk 1 which is an NVMe for the system. I have already checked the connection of both drives even though neither...
  4. Disk has been surprise removed, Event ID 157

in Windows 10 News
    Disk has been surprise removed, Event ID 157: [ATTACH]If the Event Viewer is showing an error message called Disk has been surprise removed with Event ID 157, this article will be useful for you. Here are some of the working solutions that will troubleshoot this issue on your computer. Whether it is showing Disk 0, Disk...
  5. Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: In the event manager, I have multiple event ID 157, even though I do not have a disk 2! I checked using DISKPART > list, and it lists only my internal disks 0 and 1. I do not have an external HD connected at the moment these events are recorded, so I don't really where it...
  6. Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: In the event manager, I have multiple event ID 157, even though I do not have a disk 2! I checked using DISKPART > list, and it lists only my internal disks 0 and 1. I do not have an external HD connected at the moment these events are recorded, so I don't really where it...
  7. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  8. "Disk has been surprised removed"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Disk has been surprised removed": Hi, I am randomly getting these warnings in event viewer. I am not sure why this is happening but this has been happening for a while now and it seems to happen every few hours. I only have 3 internal drives (2 HDDs & 1 SSD) and 5 partitions total (screenshot of disk manager)...
  9. Disk 3 has been surprise removed / Windows 10

Disk 3 has been surprise removed / Windows 10: Hi, Running a fresh install of Windows 10 1903 (with 1909 update performed making ver: 18363.476) and have noticed this error in event viewer: Disk 3 has been surprise removed. But I don't have a disk 3: Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-PhysicalDisk | Select -Prop...
  10. EventID 157 Logged "Disk X" has been surprise removed

EventID 157 Logged "Disk X" has been surprise removed: Approximately once a day (at varying times) all of my external USB3 drives (I currently have 3 connected) become disconnected and all of them log EventID 157 - "Disk N has been surprise removed", where N is 1,2 or 3. Most of the time it isn't so bad, but if this happens when...