Windows 10: Disk 0 read/write at 100%

Discus and support Disk 0 read/write at 100% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sabtampa, Oct 7, 2021.

1. sabtampa Win User

Disk 0 read/write at 100%

My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not to have to go nuclear and reformat my hard drive and start from scratch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,Scott

:)

sabtampa, Oct 7, 2021

2. System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write

There are a lot of background processes running so disk activity is occasional.

Crystal Disk Report can see how much read/write there is and estimate the remaining service life

SSD generally should last > 5 years in a typical gaming PC.

Hardcore Games™, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Ted Sha Win User
    System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forum, but the problem I have is that whenever I am playing a game, the system disk(Samsung 970 Evo) would randomly jump to 100% usage with 0 write and 0 read (even if the game is installed on another drive). Sometimes
    only the game freezes and sometimes the entire pc freezes. I did some troubleshooting like repairing windows using cmd, reinstalling windows, disabled everything the internet has told me to, and checked my disk using cmd and CrytalDiskInfo (which read the
    disk's health is at 100%).

I bought another one of the 970 evo 2 days ago to test it out but the problem persists, so I'm thinking it's an software issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ted Sha, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804

Hey Everyone,

I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow.

My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active.

I have tried multiple things online; however I cannot figure out what is the cause.

I tried
    1. Disabling search/superfetch
    2. Resetting page file
    3. Disk Check
    4. Disable Windows Update

Any Help Is Appreciated! Thanks!

Disk 0 read/write at 100% [​IMG]

Disk 0 read/write at 100% [​IMG]

lsutigers527, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Disk 0 read/write at 100%

1. Disk 0 read/write at 100% - Similar Threads - Disk read write

2. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  3. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  4. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  5. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  6. Disk read/write issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk read/write issue: Does anybody know how to find out exactly what is read/writing to a specific disk drive? People have recommended resource monitor, but it doesn't allow me to isolate a specific drive. It just shows me if there's activity on a drive, and it shows me an enormous amount of...
  7. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write: Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Hey Everyone, I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow. My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active. I have tried multiple things online; however...
  8. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  9. System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Disk Jumps to 100% Active Time with 0 Read or Write: Hello, this is my first time posting on the forum, but the problem I have is that whenever I am playing a game, the system diskSamsung 970 Evo would randomly jump to 100% usage with 0 write and 0 read even if the game is installed on another drive. Sometimes only the game...
  10. Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps: Okay, so Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage. But boot and load are...