Windows 10: Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

Discus and support Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; D: Drive some times appear and some times disappear suddenly' like today it is showing up and can open it easily and sometimes take times to be open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hanifareed, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

D: Drive some times appear and some times disappear suddenly' like today it is showing up and can open it easily and sometimes take times to be open and freeze for a while' other day it is not there even in disk management i wont show it up' did run check disk application looking for errors when it is appear but there is no errors at all even with other programs showing same result and there is no noise at all and works smoothly . tomorrow or next time star up my laptop i can expect drive D: is not there and not showing up.

what could be the wrong is cable or what exactly?

:)

hanifareed, Aug 28, 2020

2. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied".

Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive (in order to go for chkdsk in prompt command). when I right click on unknown & unallocated drive then there is only option left are properties help and offline.

My question is how can I initialize the drive or bring the status online in order to assign drive letter and initialize the disk?

mayurpatel3, Aug 28, 2020
  3. disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.

I have a internal 3.5" HDD WD Black 2 TB and try to hook it up in the PC but it doesnt not appear anymore in My Computer. It was working few weeks ago. When opening Disk Management it says the disk is not initialized and it didnt state how many GB available on the hard disk (unallocated). Disk Management tried to initialized the hard disk and it pops out the following errors:
    1. Virtual Disk Manager: Incorrect Function
    and
    2. Virtual Disk Manager: The device is not ready.

I have also tried using a powered USB cable and also connected in directly to the MoBo via SATA but the problem still persist.

I also ran disk part and it shows Disk 3 and Disk 4 as both online but both having size of 0 B

Below is the screen shot of Disk Management. When i right click on the HDD, there are four functions: Initialize Disk, Offline, Properties and Help however the the Initialize Disk function is greyed out.

Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management [​IMG]

I have Partition Wizard 9.1 and the attached picture below is the screenshot of the main GUI. It shows bad disk on the particular hard disk

I tried running Partition Recovery Wizard on the mentioned HDD and it shows a partition of only 512 Bytes but none of my files are visible (no preview)

I just need to retrieve the files in the Hard disk as it contains important files and pictures that havent been backed up. Any help and suggestions are welcomed! Thanks

nabilishes, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Sloman Win User

Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

disk management - initialize - the device is not ready

trying to format a 1 TB SATA harddrive. In disk management, "Disk 1" is unknown with a tiny red downward facing arrow. Right click, initialize, I select MBR and I get the message "the device is not ready."

Now what do I try?

Sloman, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

1. Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management - Similar Threads - Disk Unknown initialized

2. Initialization in Disk Management will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialization in Disk Management will not work: I added an SSD to my computer and installed 21H1on it. I attempted to initialize the internal SATA HDD to be able to use it as general storage, but the process is not working as depicted. Right clicking on the vacated disk Online in Disk Management does not bring up...
  3. Initialization in Disk Management will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initialization in Disk Management will not work: I added an SSD to my computer and installed 21H1on it. I attempted to initialize the internal SATA HDD to be able to use it as general storage, but the process is not working as depicted. Right clicking on the vacated disk Online in Disk Management does not bring up...
  4. Initialization in Disk Management will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  6. disk 0 unknown not initialized

disk 0 unknown not initialized: hey guys i am facing an issue just logged on my laptop windows 10 and opened my pc but D drive is missing when i went to disk management it not showing there too at all' i dont know what to do and this is second time witn in 3 months. [ATTACH]...
  7. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize: I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied". Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive in...
  8. Unknown Not Initialized – Can’t initialize disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unknown Not Initialized – Can’t initialize disk in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have installed a new internal or external hard drive or SSD, and its status in the left side of the Disk Management Tool displays Unknown Not Initialized then it means that Windows can’t the initialize disk and you [...] This post Unknown Not...
  9. Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not Initialized and Unknown Disk (Cannot go Online): I cannot view my external and when I go in Disk management is it Not initialized. I tried clicking Online but something is appearing, it says "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." Please I need help ASAP. T-T...
  10. disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.

disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.: I have a internal 3.5" HDD WD Black 2 TB and try to hook it up in the PC but it doesnt not appear anymore in My Computer. It was working few weeks ago. When opening Disk Management it says the disk is not initialized and it didnt state how many GB available on the hard disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my external hard disk showing 0 bytes 0 unallocated uninitialized