Windows 10: Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised

Discus and support Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have made a stupid mistake by resetting my windows 10 using the advanced start-up option without any device or disc( just my laptop). Later, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bli161, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Bli161 Win User

Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised

Hi, I have made a stupid mistake by resetting my windows 10 using the advanced start-up option without any device or disc( just my laptop). Later, I have found that the computer can only recognise my C drive, and when I go to my disk manager, it shows my other drive to be "Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised", hence there is no disk space shown, it cannot be initialised in both ways hence, I have tried mini tool partition, and it does not recognise that disk at all.
    Can someone plz give me a solution to fix this problem?

:)

Bli161, Jul 24, 2018

2. Disk Initialisation

I was advised to go to TechNet, but its solution did not work. Although the drive in question does not exist, I initialised it (GPT selected) as given in the solution and a panel said "The specified disk is not convertable because the size is less than
    the minimum size required for GPT disks". I have added 'DiskPart' below. I am reluctant to initialise using MBR.

I feel I am still at 'square one'

Regards

Julian

Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised db143e56-44c3-4d31-8301-8e7f0aafb0d5.jpg

Julian Grenfell, Jul 24, 2018
  3. freya306 Win User
    USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised

Hi I have a 1TB external USB hard drive, it is not showing up in 'my computer' the light on the hard drive is constantly flashing and randomly beeps and clicks when first plugged in, I have never heard this until today..
    I have tried it on two laptops, windows 7 and windows 10 and in a macbook, does not show up.
    I have tried a different cable from another USB device, still no luck.
    It appears in device manager which says it is running normally, I have tried un-installing and re-installing, no luck! In disk manager it says the disk is unknown and not initialised, see screenshot.
    Reading other forums suggest trying Minitool partition wizard it comes up but as 0GB, screenshot
    Please help me recover my device, it has a lot of data on it that I don't want to lose! I hope it is still there!

freya306, Jul 24, 2018
  4. matthwin Win User

External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised

External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised

Hi
    I am using the seagate 2tb drive to transfer data to a backup using syncToy.

The drive has been working normally but this time it took a long time to read ( slow moving green bar in address)

It finally became unread by the pc so I attempted to rectify this by using disk management. This showed the disk as "Not initialised." In attempting to sort this out I have made it a "System Reserved" drive!

See attached screen shot

Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised [​IMG]

Question
    How to get the drive working, preferably with the data intact?

Sorry I missed out the screen shot.

matthwin, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk 1 Unknown Not initialised - Similar Threads - Disk Unknown initialised

2. SSD will not initialise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD will not initialise: Hello,When I open disk management, I se my C: drive and also my SSD drive which shows as "Not initialised".However, whenever I select the "initialise" option, the screen appears where I have to select the disk and either MBR or GPT, but when I do so and click OK, the screen...
  3. SSD will not initialise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD will not initialise: Hello,When I open disk management, I se my C: drive and also my SSD drive which shows as "Not initialised".However, whenever I select the "initialise" option, the screen appears where I have to select the disk and either MBR or GPT, but when I do so and click OK, the screen...
  4. Unknown Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unknown Disk Usage: Hi, I have a 128GB (120GB?) SSD as my C: drive and a 3TB HDD as my D: drive. I put virtually all my programs and data on the D: drive and have the SSD as a fast boot up with the essentials. Just lately, though, the SSD has been showing as nearly full: 106GB out of the max...
  5. Not initialised

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Not initialised: Hello I have installed (I think) XP virtual on my Win 10 PC. Should I be able to see it here, please, under My PC: [img] I do get a message to this effect when I click on my Windows XP file: [img] I am not sure how to proceed. Thank you for any advice. Steve 174754
  6. Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready: Hi there, I've tried everything under the sun to get this to work but so far nothing has. I have a WD Passport not ssd that is unable to be initialised by every third party software, disk management windows and CMD/powershell. It is listed on disk management but not in...
  7. Initialising a disk

Initialising a disk: Hi, I recently added an SSD drive on my laptop. It's working fine. All my files are stored there. But only one disk is visible on my computer and that's the SSD. I can't locate the second disk. I went to Disk management and Disk 2 , i.e, my system's internal storage is...
  8. HDD "Not Initialised"

HDD "Not Initialised": About a month or so ago I upgraded my Windows 7 machine to a Windows 10 machine. The only components from my old machine are my sound card and a couple of the HDDs (formerly C: and E:, but which I've been using as D: and E*Smile. This morning I noticed the sound of unusual...
  9. External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised

External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised: Hi I am using the seagate 2tb drive to transfer data to a backup using syncToy. The drive has been working normally but this time it took a long time to read ( slow moving green bar in address) It finally became unread by the pc so I attempted to rectify this by using...
  10. USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised

USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised: Hi I have a 1TB external USB hard drive, it is not showing up in 'my computer' the light on the hard drive is constantly flashing and randomly beeps and clicks when first plugged in, I have never heard this until today.. I have tried it on two laptops, windows 7 and windows...