Windows 10: Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData

Discus and support Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc lags at random points but also lags for a long while on startup and a lot of the high disk usage programs lead to a file path ending with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Litheo, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Litheo Win User

Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData

My pc lags at random points but also lags for a long while on startup and a lot of the high disk usage programs lead to a file path ending with "WofCompressedData". I ran an antivirus scan yesterday with malwarebytes and am wondering if this could have caused it, however i've had these lag issues before that and did nothing more than restart the pc multiple times.

:)

Litheo, Jan 30, 2021
  2. rivre Win User

wofcompresseddata - make it stop!

I get a ton of hard drive activity and checking resource monitor, it lists tons of files being accessed by wofcompresseddata. What is this and why is it always running?

rivre, Jan 30, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    wofcompresseddata - make it stop!

This has been reported before some time ago. Maybe something in this thread may help. Seems to have to do with compressed files, and if so, the system will decompress first temporarily to access.

*Arrow What is :WofCompressedData? - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData

What is ":WofCompressedData"?

I previously made this post, but the expert who was helping me has not responded to my response What is ":WofCompressedData"?

A week ago, I did a MBAM Threat Scan on my desktop (nothing was found, I actually did a couple over the weekend and Monday too... long story).

During the scan I noticed that a lot of the system files were appended with ":WofCompressedData" at the end. I wasn't paying close enough attention before, but this is the first time I have noticed it.

When I re-ran the scan on my desktop I saw WofCompressedData appear a lot. When I ran the scan on my laptop, I rarely saw WofCompressedData. Both computers run Windows 10 64-bit and both of them came out to be clean. I just wanted to know what WofCompressedData
    means?

I was told "WofCompressedData file is a disc fragment file and can be deleted. This is created when virus scan is run on the computer. I would suggest you to update the MBAM and rescan to check if you get same message. If yes you may contact MBAM support.
    Thank you."

I later posted that MBAM never found any malware during any of the scans and that the only thing was when I was looking at the screen while it was scanning and saw the ":WofCompressedData" continually showing up, I was concerned.

MBAM and Kaspersky and Microsoft Safety Scanner all do not find any problems on my computer.

I wanted to confirm that given all these clean reports, I should not be concerned about the ":WofCompressedData", because as Pavan said they are just benign disk fragments; is this a correct interpretation?

DsomethingV, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData

1. Disk 100%, resource monitor shows alot of things with a file path leading to WofCompressedData - Similar Threads - Disk 100% resource

2. File path bug showing phantom disk drive named "?" before an actual path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File path bug showing phantom disk drive named "?" before an actual path: This is my first file path bug encounter in Win10 except regular limitations like path length and system symbols in the nameNow I have 3 files that are linked to an unexisting drive "?". I've copied them with other thousands of similar files that are ok from my external FDD....
  3. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  4. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  5. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. High disk usage in resource monitor.

High disk usage in resource monitor.: Hi my name is David,Recently i noticed high disk usage from "System" In resource monitorMy disk is going "Wawes " patern:Reading , Not reading , Reading , Not reading , and this countinues on for 5 - 6 hoursI scanned my entire pc with Defender, Malwarebytes , msert.exeI...
  7. Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor: [ATTACH] Not sure why this happens... Hopefully someone can help me solve this. This is the second system that it has occurred on for me. Back when I had a Win 7 Pro system with mirrored drives I distinctly remember both drives of a mirror showing in the resource monitor....
  8. Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\: Hi! On one of my PC's disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource Monitor as E:2\ I think this happened when I was restoring my whole OS drive from backup. As a result all of my drives and partitions got messed up. This is the only thing I can't explain and I don't understand what...
  9. Disk showing 100%

Disk showing 100%: Hi I have been trying to find the solution to this problem for a while. Now and then when I start my PC the disk shows (through task manager) that it is operating at 100% even when there are no apps running. It seems like a fairly common issue and yet none of the solutions I...
  10. What is :WofCompressedData?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is :WofCompressedData?: I am trying to find out what WofCompressedData means. I have made two posts on answers.microsoft.com, but I've never gotten a clear answer (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-b9cb5982f7ce ; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-a0e92467be5d) A couple weeks ago,...