Windows 10: Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem?

Discus and support Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had the 100% disk usage problem for a few months now and am going crazy. I am using Windows 10 (Home). I've done a lot of research and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryClare, Jul 20, 2018.

1. BryClare Win User

Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem?

I have had the 100% disk usage problem for a few months now and am going crazy. I am using Windows 10 (Home).

I've done a lot of research and have tried stopping Super Fetch and Windows Search, both of which provided very short-lived relief.

This problem is ongoing and there is no respite, no matter what I do. It seems Windows Defender is the problem and unfortunately I cannot disable it, even when I access it as an Administrator - I either get "access denied" or the options are completely greyed out and I can't change the settings.

Please help! I am now desperate. My laptop (Acer) is so slow it's almost unusable.

:)

BryClare, Jul 20, 2018

2. Disk usage 100% - FIXED - Defender is the Problem

Windows defender is hurting my HDD . There are so many reasons for the 100% disk usage problem.

AppUser999, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem?

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem?

1. Disk 100% usage - Windows Defender problem? - Similar Threads - Disk 100% usage

2. 100% Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage Problem: I just recently started up an HP laptop of mine, running Windows 10 that is a couple of years old after not using it for a while and as expected, it was somewhat slow and tough to use. I figured I’d do some cleanup, although there weren’t too many major programs or files on...
  3. 100% Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% Disk Usage Problem: So i have a Toshiba 2013 laptop and theres somehow an app using up all of my disk. Not disk space/storage but the disk when you open task manager. Normally on any other pc its below 60% but mine is on 100% until after maybe 3-4 hours of using it. When i scroll down on task...
  4. 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  5. 100% disk usage problem

100% disk usage problem: I ve tried all solutions from google and nothing seems to work. My laptop keeps showing 100% disk usage and it's slowed down considerably. Anyone fixed this issue ? I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm really frustrated. Cannot even open webpages on...
  6. Help - 100% Disk Usage Problem

Help - 100% Disk Usage Problem: Hello, my HP Windows 10 laptop starting lagging tonight and I noticed that my disk is at 100%. I've tried restarting and it still shoots back up to 100% shortly after. When I restarted and Windows was booting, 3-4 black cmd windows popped up and disappeared in quick...
  7. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  8. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  9. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...
  10. 99-100% Disk Usage, Windows Defender Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    99-100% Disk Usage, Windows Defender Service: Disk usage is intermittently 99-100% and Task Manager has pinpointed Windows Defender Service as the culprit. So, how should I deal with this? I'd rather not have to somehow disable it altogether (it won't even let me end the task) but I'm very concerned that this is going to...