Windows 10: Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

Discus and support Disk 100% usage with no read or write. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john3825a, May 19, 2022.

1. john3825a Win User

Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs and freezes for 1 min. Please tell me how to fix it.

:)

john3825a, May 19, 2022
  2. Skrulz Win User

Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

Okay, so

Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage.

But boot and load are unaffected. and i've also found that in games(Ark) and stress tests (prime95 blend), i can't get ram usage over 5.6/8.

I'm not sure if the problems are related. This is my first foray into 10forums, and my tech knowledge is limited.

any thoughts or suggestions? will provide details as needed

Skrulz, May 19, 2022
  3. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804

Hey Everyone,

I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow.

My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active.

I have tried multiple things online; however I cannot figure out what is the cause.

I tried
    1. Disabling search/superfetch
    2. Resetting page file
    3. Disk Check
    4. Disable Windows Update

Any Help Is Appreciated! Thanks!

Disk 100% usage with no read or write. [​IMG]

Disk 100% usage with no read or write. [​IMG]

lsutigers527, May 19, 2022
  4. Skrulz Win User

Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

Done a full scan with Windows Defender (which took 19 hours total), ran HijackThis and analyzed, as well as CCleaner. Nothing suspicious turned up in any of the above.

Disk usage back to 100% regularly, with 0mbps read/write at odd intervals. Possibly HDD failure?

Skrulz, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Disk 100% usage with no read or write. - Similar Threads - Disk 100% usage

2. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  3. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  4. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  6. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  7. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  8. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write: Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Hey Everyone, I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow. My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active. I have tried multiple things online; however...
  9. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  10. Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps: Okay, so Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage. But boot and load are...