Windows 10: Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Discus and support Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey all, I am looking for some help with my external HDD's I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrokenMediaMan, May 12, 2019.

1. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

hey all,
    I am looking for some help with my external HDD's

I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via separate USB ports. All drives except the 2TB have external power supplies.

all my hdd's shut down when I am using them and reset and then I get these warnings in the event viewer

Code: Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system [/quote]
    in amongst the warnings in the event viewer is this error
    Code: The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: SCSI 000000 The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table[/quote] all was fine for a long time with the 3 drives but only recently this has been happeningIs there something I can do to stop this from happening, all drives restart fine after the thing happens, on the odd occasion 1 of the drives doesn't appear and I have to unplug the USB cable for that drive and plug it in again for the drive to appear again. The event viewer points to
    Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.
    but this thing seems to be for older version of windows. I am on windows 10 latest version.

Thanks for any help you can give with this Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks :)

:)

BrokenMediaMan, May 12, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 12, 2019
  3. Getting same disk identifiers

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.

LarryWorthey, May 12, 2019
  4. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

1. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks - Similar Threads - Disk has same

2. disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?: Got a new laptop 512SSD Installed the Windows 11 Pro. Local disk C has 389GB storage and local disk D has 86GB. How can I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-has-more-space-than-disk-d-shouldnt-it-be/465cbec2-e522-4480-8a2b-b2040e1b664a
  3. disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?: Got a new laptop 512SSD Installed the Windows 11 Pro. Local disk C has 389GB storage and local disk D has 86GB. How can I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-has-more-space-than-disk-d-shouldnt-it-be/465cbec2-e522-4480-8a2b-b2040e1b664a
  4. more disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    more disk space: Can I buy more disk space and will i be allowed to download apps or programs with this additional disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-disk-space/fb4a9a17-795e-4755-8ad0-5f45200a0250
  5. Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: Hi, Yes, i have seen the other posts regarding this error. No i have not cloned any disks. The error started about 3 weeks ago. I'm on windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 build 19041 As Disk 3 holds my media files each time the event occurs the media stream is cut-off. The disk...
  6. wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers

wired disk error Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers: here is the error the disk 3 is a old backup drive i had in my old system and is mounted in a hard drive docking station along with another disk, but this error i don't no what to do about this any help greatly appreciated as i have lots of files on this hard drive, very...
  7. No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

in Windows 10 News
    No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed: [ATTACH]If when you boot your Windows 10 computer and you receive the No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed error message, […] This article No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr)

Disk X has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks (eventvwr): Disk 12 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This is causing windows firewall to add rules with path's that display as...
  9. Getting same disk identifiers

Getting same disk identifiers: Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue....
  10. Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve

Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve: From the event log: Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. Let me digress... Funny that, as the support forum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system

2. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system.

3. disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system

4. Disk 2 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system