Windows 10: Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk

Discus and support Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new computer running Windows 10, when I inserting a new removeable disk, all the disk accounts being changed to a unknown account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WenAmos, Oct 24, 2019.

1. WenAmos Win User

Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk

I bought a new computer running Windows 10, when I inserting a new removeable disk, all the disk accounts being changed to a unknown account S-1-5-21-3351858854-3274251896-2934910542-1001 .

This unknown account made all folders of my disk cannot open, which made me very sad, and waste lots of my time to repair this problem.

I tried to search Microsoft helper with the command "icacls * /reset /t" , something strange happened on the command line like the supplementary photos showing.

Sadly enough, the account still not removed from the disk. Can you me to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

If my disk is infected by viruses, which antivirus software should I install to solve this problem?

Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk [​IMG]

Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk [​IMG]

:)

WenAmos, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I get the insert a disk message repeatedly in Windows 10

Hi,

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to insert the disk into the drive and go to disk Management, then there change the drive letter to the DVD/CD drive.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Disk Management.

• Click on Change the driver latter and path.
    If the issue persist, go to device Manager, then right click on the DVD/CD driver and click uninstall the driver and restart pc, then PC will install the driver automatically which will remove this error.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • click on DVD/CD Rom driver.
    • Right click on the DVD/CD rom driver and select driver tab.
    • Click on uninstall.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 24, 2019
  3. "Please insert a disc into Removable Disk (XDisk account being changed by inserting a removable disk :)."

Backstory : My brother bought me a camera SD card reader the other week. I took some photos, and decided to use it to upload to my computer. (It's the only thing I can use right now.) So I took some photos yesterday and today for a project, and I plugged
    the SD card into the card reader, it popped up with this :

Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk 05c4eb43-f5f7-47d9-b769-385564bb52d3.png

Now I've searched it up before and it's said to

"Method 1: Insert the removable disk in the removable drive before you start your computer. But in this case, make sure that the first boot device in BIOS is not USB drive, else computer may not boot at all.

Follow these steps:

• Log in as Administrator account in windows or any other account with administrative privileges.
    • Press Windows key + X and click Disk Management
    • Right click on your removable drive partition and select Change Drive Letter and Paths under Disk Management ( you can find your drive easily through size )
    • Change the drive letter some other drive letter like X: or Z: which is not reserved by some other drive on windows."

I've done it, and it hasn't worked.

What can I do to access the SD Card? (My computer doesn't have an SD Card slot for some reason.)

Richard.Hyde, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Error insert removable disk g

Hi Brandon,

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide the best solution possible, we need additional information:

• Did you insert a removable drive storage, like a USB Flashdrive, on your device?
    • Have you tried using other ports to insert the removable storage?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk - Similar Threads - Disk account being

2. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  3. PROBLEM TO SOLVE "INSERT DISK"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PROBLEM TO SOLVE "INSERT DISK": Hi, I bought Flight Simulator 2020. Today it start to ask me "INSERT DISC". I never had some disk. I install digital version. Please resolve my problem. Thanks! *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my mail....
  4. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  5. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  6. Insert disk into Drive E:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert disk into Drive E:?: I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk E: Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk E: What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256...
  7. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  8. msfs2020 insert disk problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    msfs2020 insert disk problem: I have bought from the store MSFS 2020 and run it smoothly until a couple of days ago when the insert disk came up more and more each time when I started the game. Normally starting it again it went ok, but since yesterday it totally does not go any further in the start-up...
  9. how change converted removable disk to Local disk, Back to removable?

how change converted removable disk to Local disk, Back to removable?: I wanted to install windows on my removable HDD then I changed my mind and it's now 2 partitions, how to change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-change-converted-removable-disk-to-local-disk/403adf11-06f1-4d9f-bb25-722388f25c04
  10. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Please insert a disk into (D:): Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC"...