Windows 10: Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

Discus and support Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I again turn to you with the problem of disk overload shows 100% when the laptop is idle and from the network everything is fine without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LianaPetr, Aug 4, 2022.

1. LianaPetr Win User

Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

Hello, I again turn to you with the problem of disk overload shows 100% when the laptop is idle and from the network everything is fine without a charger. And this is what I found in the task manager I attach a photo. "System" and a few other processes for example, the disk defragmentation service host are overloading the disk. I also turned off the Internet, checked for viruses and turned off the antivirus itself. Everything was OK. Please help me understand what is the problem. Thanks for the answer!

:)

LianaPetr, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Djole123 Win User

Laptop idles at 70-100%

It's not the disk, it's the CPU that idles like that.

The only ''fix'' is to force the CPU to 50% max in advanced power settings, but that's kind of pointless as I'm leaving half of my CPU's potential unused.

Djole123, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Laptop Disk 100%

Hi Geo,

There a several possible reasons as to why your computer would stop responding correctly when you leave it idle for a certain amount of time, For us to resolve you concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on you computer before this started happening?
    • Were there any updates installed last night while you were using the computer?

You can also refer to this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

Windows 10 100% Disk Usage Nightmare

Andre,

I followed your steps exactly, except for 2 that I was unable to complete.

1.) I could not change the processor idle setting. This was no option pertaining to processor idle. The options listed were Minimum Processor State, System Cooling Policy, & Maximum Processor State.

2.) I created a new user account and gave it administrator privileges, however I could not delete the original account, which was the only account on the computer prior to this and the one that was created when this computer was new.

During the process of following your steps, I lost use of the "2 finger scroll gesture" on the touchpad. Also, I opened up Excel and the disk quickly spiked to 99% and then quickly dropped back down close to 0%. I will log on tomorrow and try opening and
    closing several different apps to see the affects on the disk.

Thanks,

Nate

NateTorris, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

1. Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle - Similar Threads - Disk processor loaded

2. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.: For starters, I'm using an Asus K550J with Windows 10 pro. The issue is that the disk is consistently at 100% even at idle or if I'm using my PC for work stuff not gaming or streaming videos. I've tried following steps in YouTube such as disabling sysmain, chckdsk in cmd,...
  3. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.: For starters, I'm using an Asus K550J with Windows 10 pro. The issue is that the disk is consistently at 100% even at idle or if I'm using my PC for work stuff not gaming or streaming videos. I've tried following steps in YouTube such as disabling sysmain, chckdsk in cmd,...
  4. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle: Hello, I again turn to you with the problem of disk overload shows 100% when the laptop is idle and from the network everything is fine without a charger. And this is what I found in the task manager I attach a photo. "System" and a few other processes for example, the disk...
  6. Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk and processor loaded at 100℅ while laptop is idle: Hello, I again turn to you with the problem of disk overload shows 100% when the laptop is idle and from the network everything is fine without a charger. And this is what I found in the task manager I attach a photo. "System" and a few other processes for example, the disk...
  7. 100% Disk Usage when the laptop is idle.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage when the laptop is idle.: Hello, I am Amrit and I am having a issue that whenever I leave my laptop idle in my task manger the disk usage goes high up and i updated my windows still the issue persists and from 2 weeks i am not aslo able to update windows, it always fails. I have tried everything and...
  8. 100% Disk Usage when the laptop is idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk Usage when the laptop is idle.: Hello, I am Amrit and I am having a issue that whenever I leave my laptop idle in my task manger the disk usage goes high up and i updated my windows still the issue persists and from 2 weeks i am not aslo able to update windows, it always fails. I have tried everything and...
  9. 100% Disk Usage when the laptop is idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Still 100% load while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still 100% load while idle: Idk why my 7 yrs toshiba satellite is running like this.For a long time still at this load. So i set my laptop from Balanced to Power saver mode to stop high cpu loading, as well in advanced power settings and minimize its max and min load. Btw why this happening??? And how...