Windows 10: Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

Discus and support Disk at 100% even after a factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amy0099, Mar 10, 2019.

1. amy0099 Win User

Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution

:)

amy0099, Mar 10, 2019
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Mar 10, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

Factory Reset 64% Loop

Hi,

There are many factors that we can consider why the factory reset doesn't finish successfully. One factor we can look at is your hard drive. There may be some corrupted files or bad sectors that is why the reset can't proceed. As our initial troubleshooting
    step, we recommend that you check the disk for possible file corruption. Kindly follow the steps provided below to perform this method.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste this command: chkdsk /r/f, and then hit
      Enter

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

1. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset - Similar Threads - Disk 100% factory

2. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  3. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage even after factory reset: Well, the subject can pretty much explain my question. My pc had been reaching 100% disk usage in task manager for months so I decided to factory reseting it. Unfortunately, now it seems it is worse than before, and even opening Microsoft Edge or a PDF document can take...
  4. 100% disk usage even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.

Laptop at 100% disk usage after factory reset.: The other day I grabbed my old laptop because I was going to use it for school, and after starting it up, I remembered how slow it was so I was going to look into it, long story short, it was at 100% disk usage, that is my best guess of why it is so slow. So I decided I was...
  6. 100% Disk Utilization even after Full Reset

100% Disk Utilization even after Full Reset: My laptop runs slow and I tried hard resetting it and still it has 100% Disk Utilization and still runs slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilization-even-after-full-reset/23daeff8-5df5-4c9b-9ef4-741fe4043ef6
  7. 100% Disk Usage even after factory reset

100% Disk Usage even after factory reset: I've tried nearly every thing I've seen about the issue and none have seemed to work. I factory resetted my computed and it'll bounce from 1% to 100% when I try to do anything....
  8. system 100% disk usage even after reset

system 100% disk usage even after reset: completely resetting my windows 10 laptop still doesn't help. laptop is: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC specs: x64 bit intel core i3-6006U, 4 cores, 2.00GHz 4 GB ram Windows 10 disk: WDC WD5000LPCX-60VHAT0...
  9. Disk usage 100% even after full reset!

Disk usage 100% even after full reset!: No matter what i do, various things randomly spike the disk to 100%! I had no problems until last week, and then every game I had started lagging and things started to slow down. Even after the full reset with nothing extra downloaded and background apps off it still spikes...
  10. Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset

Windows 10 100% disk usage even after factory reset: Good evening, I'm getting a 100% disk usage issue on my laptop. I've done a fresh reset to factory settings and it's still the same. I've run Malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, and Avast. I've also gone through Checkdisk, disk defrag etc. I'm going to buy an SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 100% desk even after reset