Windows 10: Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

Discus and support Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, I hope you feel great!I have a very very unique problem, i couldn't even get close to the answer.As i said,my disk at 100%,but listen from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amir Marzban, May 26, 2023.

1. Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

Hey, I hope you feel great!I have a very very unique problem, i couldn't even get close to the answer.As i said,my disk at 100%,but listen from the begining...I had 2 SSDs, first one window and a game and the 2nd one,to store sometemporaryWas in the game menuAFKrainbow six siege then PC screen went black and after a couple of minutes, it started to show winodws booting.it restarted but a long restart.Then,desktop was wierd,almost every driver went BOOM. Resolution suck,no sound, even bad fonts in certain apps,slow running.Long story short,i find out that the SSD went in read only mode.

:)

Amir Marzban, May 26, 2023

2. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804

Hey Everyone,

I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow.

My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active.

I have tried multiple things online; however I cannot figure out what is the cause.

I tried
    1. Disabling search/superfetch
    2. Resetting page file
    3. Disk Check
    4. Disable Windows Update

Any Help Is Appreciated! Thanks!

Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB 319105d1613398835t-disk-activity-100-low-read-write-screenshot-1-.png

Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB 319106d1613398849t-disk-activity-100-low-read-write-screenshot-2-.png

lsutigers527, May 26, 2023
  3. Skrulz Win User
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

Okay, so

Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage.

But boot and load are unaffected. and i've also found that in games(Ark) and stress tests (prime95 blend), i can't get ram usage over 5.6/8.

I'm not sure if the problems are related. This is my first foray into 10forums, and my tech knowledge is limited.

any thoughts or suggestions? will provide details as needed

Skrulz, May 26, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

1. Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB - Similar Threads - Disk 100% without

2. Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB: Hey, I hope you feel great!I have a very very unique problem, i couldn't even get close to the answer.As i said,my disk at 100%,but listen from the begining...I had 2 SSDs, first one window and a game and the 2nd one,to store sometemporaryWas in the game menuAFKrainbow six...
  3. Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk at 100% without any read/write or less than 10 MB: Hey, I hope you feel great!I have a very very unique problem, i couldn't even get close to the answer.As i said,my disk at 100%,but listen from the begining...I had 2 SSDs, first one window and a game and the 2nd one,to store sometemporaryWas in the game menuAFKrainbow six...
  4. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  5. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  6. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  7. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  8. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write: Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Hey Everyone, I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow. My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active. I have tried multiple things online; however...
  9. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  10. Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps: Okay, so Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage. But boot and load are...