Windows 10: Disk at 100%

Discus and support Disk at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello ! I’ve had my laptop for a while but I know it can last me even longer. The laptop is an HP Notebook - 15-ba033ca. I completely restored the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SammyJay24, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Disk at 100%

Hello ! I’ve had my laptop for a while but I know it can last me even longer. The laptop is an HP Notebook - 15-ba033ca. I completely restored the laptop to factory settings so it’s like brand new but for some reason it keeps reading the disk at 100% and the cpu sometimes can be really high. this is when nothing is running. I’ve tried everything i’ve read on the internet but nothing seems to work. I do get a message when i turn it on that it detects the cooling fan isn’t operating correctly which make sense because the left side of the laptop burns up. I am willing to purchase new parts so tha

:)

SammyJay24, Jun 15, 2021
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Disk at 100%

windows 10 disk 100% cant fix (digital memory)

Hi Emils,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the suggestions by
    Digital Mooney and check if that helps.

How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10

Do keep us updated about the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Disk at 100%

1. Disk at 100% - Similar Threads - Disk 100%

2. Can I know why my disk usage is always 100%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I know why my disk usage is always 100%?: I have 4GB RAM laptop.It have 100% disk usage even after restarting.At the same time I have a 2GB RAM desktop PC...it has less disk usage and memory usage than my laptop. Last week i had a clean installation of windows 10 from media creation tool after my laptop facing OS...
  3. Windows disk 100% full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows disk 100% full: My laptop is extremely slow, and it is saying that the disk is 100% being used, but this is incorrect. How do I fix this? I tried so many things, but nothing is working....
  4. My laptop is working very slow and Disk usage is 100% even if when i am not using laptop

My laptop is working very slow and Disk usage is 100% even if when i am not using laptop: Hi, I have laptop with windows 10 home user.When I purchased it in 2019, it was working very good. After some time, laptop's performance reduced working speed became very slow. While checking, I found that disk usage in task manager shows 100% every time, when there is no...
  5. How to get rid 100% disk usage?

How to get rid 100% disk usage?: I am getting 100% disk usage problem and can't work properly on my laptop. I almost tried everything to get rid of that problem, even formatted so many times. Can anyone tell any perfect method so I can apply it on my laptop and continue my work....
  6. 100% Disk Usage

100% Disk Usage: Hello!So,i noticed that my pc is running 100% Disk Usage.Idk why it suddenly happened cause it appears only random.The services that causes to run 100% are wsappx and system mostly it's system and it almost reaches about 11 MB/s,also my browser chrome could be the culprit...
  7. 100% Disk Usage Problem Continues After Many Attempts to Fix It

100% Disk Usage Problem Continues After Many Attempts to Fix It: Hello, I use windows 10 with an SSD and every time I start up my pc the disk goes to 100% usage for about five minutes and then falls to around 1-3% when the system is idle. System tasks such as "System", Windows Defender, svchost.exe, and wsappx will appear to be using all...
  8. Windows Updates Cause 100% Disk Usage

Windows Updates Cause 100% Disk Usage: Every time I've gotten a windows update that requires a PC restart, OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS probably longer, it has caused a problem where upon restarting, my laptop is running 100% disk usage at all times no matter how many applications are open. It does this even when all...
  9. Update stuck and also the disk is 100% utilized hanging frequently :

Update stuck and also the disk is 100% utilized hanging frequently :: An update "2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4586793" is stucked installing at 20%, And also my disk utilization is shown to be 100% in task bar ,many apps are failing and computer is working slow, how do i fix this problem?...
  10. Disk 100 % high usage when I started updating to 21h1 through update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk 100 % high usage when I started updating to 21h1 through update assistant: Yesterday when I was updating to the new 21h1 update, the windows update assistant got stuck at installing at 99. When I opened the task manager the disk usage was at 100. I had enough space before updating. Then I restarted my laptop still the disk usage is 100. And when I...