Windows 10: Disk Become 100%

Discus and support Disk Become 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with my laptop. When i open task manager, it show disk 100% even i did not open any software. Kindly advise to fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by safwanfathi, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Disk Become 100%

Hi,

I have problem with my laptop. When i open task manager, it show disk 100% even i did not open any software. Kindly advise to fix this.

:)

safwanfathi, Aug 23, 2019
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Disk Become 100%

windows 10 disk 100% cant fix (digital memory)

Hi Emils,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the suggestions by
    Digital Mooney and check if that helps.

How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10

Do keep us updated about the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Disk Become 100%

1. Disk Become 100% - Similar Threads - Disk Become 100%

2. Disk at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk at 100%: I have an all-in-one Dell computer that for the last year or so The disc has been running at 100% almost all the time. It seems to do that for at least a half hour and then it fluctuates between 60% to 100% after that. I've gone online and deactivated as many programs running...
  3. Disk at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk at 100%: I have an all-in-one Dell computer that for the last year or so The disc has been running at 100% almost all the time. It seems to do that for at least a half hour and then it fluctuates between 60% to 100% after that. I've gone online and deactivated as many programs running...
  4. DISK 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK 100%: MY LAPTOP BECAME UNBEARABLE SLOW. I CHECKED IN TASK MANAGER AND IT SHOWS DISK AT 100%. I HAVE TRIED DISABLING SOME OF THE PROCESSES AS SUGGESTED AS A FIX. THIS DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I BACKED UP MY IMPORTANT FILES AND DID THE RECOVERY OPTION AND I STILL SHOW DISK 100%. HOW...
  5. DISK 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK 100%: MY LAPTOP BECAME UNBEARABLE SLOW. I CHECKED IN TASK MANAGER AND IT SHOWS DISK AT 100%. I HAVE TRIED DISABLING SOME OF THE PROCESSES AS SUGGESTED AS A FIX. THIS DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I BACKED UP MY IMPORTANT FILES AND DID THE RECOVERY OPTION AND I STILL SHOW DISK 100%. HOW...
  6. 100 disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100 disk: Whenever I use my pc most of the time "service host sysmain" is using 100 percent of my disk on task manager I believe this may be the cause of most of my issues with my pc being slow. I have 16gb of ram, an I7 2600k and a GTX 1660, so the performance issues I am facing when...
  7. Disk 100%

Disk 100%: I have 2 pc's and 1 laptop running windows 10, all of them show disk usage 100% and all of them are super slow. I've read for hours on the subject and tried a bunch of stuff such as disabling pre-fetch. 1. It is not fair that I have to read for hours to try to solve this....
  8. Disk 100%

Disk 100%: disk is at 100% windows 10. How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100/8c826a25-25fd-487a-9843-1210d2514d4f
  9. Disk 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk 100%: Disk started showing 100 percent in task manager today when laptop was laggy and driving me nuts. Have tried literally every fix I can find and nothing worked. 122376
  10. 100% Disk

100% Disk: My computer starts out fine, but ram usage starts climbing as I use it and after some time it hits 90% or so and then the disk usage sky rockets to 100%. I've had this problem before but none of the solutions I've tried in the past work anymore. I've disabled windows search,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what causes system interrupts at 100%