Windows 10: Disk being detected but 0MB during install

Discus and support Disk being detected but 0MB during install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve recently come across a blue screen and attempted to get a windows10 bootable usb. When I was trying for a long time to get it to work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iiShadster, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Disk being detected but 0MB during install

I’ve recently come across a blue screen and attempted to get a windows10 bootable usb. When I was trying for a long time to get it to work and eventually got it to work, it wouldn’t let me install a fresh copy onto the disk because it wouldn’t format the partitions. I ran diskpart and cleaned the disk and left me with un allocated space but still wouldn’t let me continue. After restarting my unallocated space changed from 936GB to 0GB. I also tried to install Ubuntu to see if the disk would detect there and it also wouldn’t. When I go into the BIOS, the disk is listed there.

This is a laptop, a Lenovo Z51-70

Any help would be greatly appreciated

diskpart disk detail - https://prnt.sc/10mgyiq

submitted by /u/iiShadster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iiShadster, Mar 15, 2021
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Mar 15, 2021
  3. ERROR"Troubleshooting history and logs are currently taking up 0MB of disk space." How to solve?

Issues found

L: Troubleshooting history is taking up disk space

Troubleshooting history is taking up disk space
    Troubleshooting history and logs are currently taking up 0MB of disk space.

Not fixed

Clean up administrator troubleshooting history

Completed

Clean up user troubleshooting history

Completed

Potential issues that were checked

L: Error reports are taking up disk space

Error reports are taking up disk space
    Error reports and logs are currently taking up 0MB of disk space.

Issue not present

Troubleshooting history and logs are currently taking up 0MB of disk space.

Administrator troubleshooting history details

Details of the administrator troubleshooting history logs.

Folder name:
    C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\elevateddiagnostics

Disk space:
    0.017MB

User troubleshooting history details

Details of the user troubleshooting history logs.

Folder name:
    C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\diagnostics

Disk space:
    0MB

Clean up administrator troubleshooting history

Completed

All administrator troubleshooting history older than 1 month will be deleted.

Clean up user troubleshooting history

Completed

All user troubleshooting history older than 1 month will be deleted.

I get this error message every time I boot the windows. How to solve it?

JOHN SouLO, Mar 15, 2021
  4. ze ultimo Win User

Disk being detected but 0MB during install

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Disk being detected but 0MB during install

1. Disk being detected but 0MB during install - Similar Threads - Disk being detected

2. GPU not being detected only during first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not being detected only during first boot: i recently built a new PC with the specs above and keep running into the same issue. the GPU only connects after i power up the PC with one of the monitors connected to the integrated motherboard graphics so i can see my screen, hit the windows key and restart my PC. once i...
  3. GPU not being detected only during first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not being detected only during first boot: i recently built a new PC with the specs above and keep running into the same issue. the GPU only connects after i power up the PC with one of the monitors connected to the integrated motherboard graphics so i can see my screen, hit the windows key and restart my PC. once i...
  4. Internal hard disk not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  5. Internal hard disk not being detected

Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  6. Unable to detect Hard Disk During Installation of Windows 8.1 x64.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect Hard Disk During Installation of Windows 8.1 x64.: I am using Windows 11 and I want install windows 8 for dual boot with windows 11. But Hard disk not detected during installation process of windows 8.1. So I downloaded Intel RST Rapid Storage Technology VMD controller 9A0B driver for 11th gen for x64 window 10,11. This...
  7. Unable to detect Hard Disk During Installation of Windows 8.1 x64.

Unable to detect Hard Disk During Installation of Windows 8.1 x64.: I am using Windows 11 and I want install windows 8 for dual boot with windows 11. But Hard disk not detected during installation process of windows 8.1. So I downloaded Intel RST Rapid Storage Technology VMD controller 9A0B driver for 11th gen for x64 window 10,11. This...
  8. disk 0mb, cant install any operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk 0mb, cant install any operating system: i have no os on my disk and when i try to install any operating system windows, ubuntu etc. my disk shows up as 0mb. i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-0mb-cant-install-any-operating-system/ff148144-8c1b-4aee-869b-56042dbb26b4
  9. disk 0mb, cant install any operating system

disk 0mb, cant install any operating system: i have no os on my disk and when i try to install any operating system windows, ubuntu etc. my disk shows up as 0mb. i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-0mb-cant-install-any-operating-system/ff148144-8c1b-4aee-869b-56042dbb26b4
  10. Hard-disks are not being detected in Windows and in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard-disks are not being detected in Windows and in the BIOS: There are two hard-disks: Hard-disk 1 Secondary in new `n old computers Hard-disk 2 Secondary in new, but primary bootable in old, computers Some time ago, my hard-disk 1, that I had put in my new computer from my old computer, was working fine. But one day, when I wanted...