Windows 10: disk being used!

Discus and support disk being used! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to solve this for a while and it's screwing with me using PureData. When disk usage ramps up to 98-100 percent, all of a sudden my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thejoshaquatic, Mar 25, 2020.

1. disk being used!

I have been trying to solve this for a while and it's screwing with me using PureData. When disk usage ramps up to 98-100 percent, all of a sudden my audio starts lagging and glitching. Every so often it does this and I have to shut down or restart. I want to use Puredata in a gig and can not have this happen. Any thoughts, advice, or point me in the right direction. Thanks!

submitted by /u/thejoshaquatic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thejoshaquatic, Mar 25, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk being used! :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2020
  4. disk being used!

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

disk being used!

1. disk being used! - Similar Threads - disk being used

2. GPU not being used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not being used: Both of my monitors are connected. They're both using my integrated graphics even though my GPU NVIDIA Geforce 540M is connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-not-being-used/0d77df90-53a9-4215-8c4d-9af2cbf22539
  3. 100% of my disk constantly being used, and my laptop is being somewhat louder than it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% of my disk constantly being used, and my laptop is being somewhat louder than it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluetundra123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf8586/100_of_my_disk_constantly_being_used_and_my/
  4. My SSD disk are at 100% active when being used.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD disk are at 100% active when being used.: Setup: Asus z270-AR Mobo with Intel RST enabled. RAID 0: on 2x M.2 drives No RAID on 4x Intel SSDSC2BA400G4 I did have RAID 5 on them, but removed to see if it would resolve issue. OS Windows 10 Home V. 1903 64-Bit Storage controllers: IntelR Chipset...
  5. How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?: I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would be disk 0. However, after that went smoothly and the C drive was on my SSD, things went downhill. After I shut off the...
  6. Scan Disk Not Being Read

Scan Disk Not Being Read: My scan disk is not being recognized when I inset the card into my laptop. Do I need a driver downloaded for it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disk-not-being-read/d4c263f7-c36b-49a0-a188-cb7b669ee48f
  7. Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk

Disk account being changed by inserting a removable disk: I bought a new computer running Windows 10, when I inserting a new removeable disk, all the disk accounts being changed to a unknown account S-1-5-21-3351858854-3274251896-2934910542-1001 . This unknown account made all folders of my disk cannot open, which made me very...
  8. System Disk being saturated

System Disk being saturated: I have a Dell XPS running W10 and 1 Hard Disk. However, windows shows 2 drives as systems disks, the second is a USB removable drive that is used for backups. This creates a problem because background apps that that check for available system resources before running see...
  9. Moving all files to a different disk and having that disk being used as default

Moving all files to a different disk and having that disk being used as default: I know this has probably been answered before but I could really do with a step by step walk through of this. Basically I got a new computer. Got it for a big amount of space (over a tb) and therefore I want everything to be saved on that disk. Have had it for a couple of...
  10. Ram Not being used.

Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...