Windows 10: Disk C Fills Up

Discus and support Disk C Fills Up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EstherEmily, May 24, 2022.

1. Disk C Fills Up

When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space.

:)

EstherEmily, May 24, 2022
  2. AnnaP6 Win User

Disk C filling up

Hello, my disk C has been filling up by itself. I freed 15GB of space by deleting the folders synchronized with dropbox and the next day disc C was full again.

I run ESET which healed 38 elements but nothing changed. Then I used ADW cleaner and CC cleaner which freed a little over 7GB.

Then I tried Dr. Web CureIt but it didn't find anything. Malwarebytes found again some elements and now it shows that everything is fine.

My problem is that right now my space on disk C is 6.9GB which shows that it's still filling up (much slower but still). I also don't know what happened with the other 8GB I freed yesterday. I don't have much left to delete so I don't know what to do.

I tried searching for what could by filling the space with TreeSize and WinDirStat but I can't really find anything suspicious with my poor knowledge about computers.

Disck C shows that 6.93/119 is free. Treesize shows that disc C has a size of 116.4GB with allocated 166.6GB and free space 6.9GB.

AnnaP6, May 24, 2022
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    C drive space filling

Have you check if Windows is currently downloading an update?

You can try the suggested steps on this article:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

[Suejin], May 24, 2022
  4. LemP Win User

Disk C Fills Up

Thema:

Disk C Fills Up

1. Disk C Fills Up - Similar Threads - Disk Fills

2. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  3. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  4. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is filling my disk C overnight.: Okay so, I have noticed it like a week ago, but according to me being student of architecture where our programs take like 100GB I thought that it's nothing untill I saw a masive jump... Like MASSIVE.Yesterday I cleared up like 20 GB so i ended up with 47 GB free storage, but...
  6. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is filling my disk C overnight.: Okay so, I have noticed it like a week ago, but according to me being student of architecture where our programs take like 100GB I thought that it's nothing untill I saw a masive jump... Like MASSIVE.Yesterday I cleared up like 20 GB so i ended up with 47 GB free storage, but...
  7. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

8. Disk C storage rapidly fills up. Disk storage analysis says it is ProgramData folder. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk C storage rapidly fills up. Disk storage analysis says it is ProgramData folder. How...: My screenshots cannot upload for some reason. Anyway, full disk C storage seems to be a common issue with many different ways to approach it. I tried it all:checked for malware via antivirus nothing found even on full scan;ran chkdsk command nothing found; cleaned and...
  9. Disk C storage rapidly fills up. Disk storage analysis says it is ProgramData folder. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk C storage rapidly fills up. Disk storage analysis says it is ProgramData folder. How...: My screenshots cannot upload for some reason. Anyway, full disk C storage seems to be a common issue with many different ways to approach it. I tried it all:checked for malware via antivirus nothing found even on full scan;ran chkdsk command nothing found; cleaned and...
  10. Disk C storage rapidly fills up. Disk storage analysis says it is ProgramData folder. How...