Windows 10: Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

Discus and support Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! On one of my PC's disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource Monitor as E:2\ I think this happened when I was restoring my whole OS drive from backup. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack ѬJDz, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

Hi!

On one of my PC's disk CDisk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\ :(OS) shows in the Resource Monitor as E:2\

I think this happened when I was restoring my whole OS drive from backup. As a result all of my drives and partitions got messed up. This is the only thing I can't explain and I don't understand what does it mean?

Any suggestions?

Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\ 6c2dc27e-5302-4b2c-8863-9d15b1f495fe?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jack ѬJDz, Apr 28, 2019
  2. MarcusM89 Win User

resource monitor not showing disks on windows 10

is there anyway to reset the resource monitor so it shows all my disks? Not showing anything in storage area. Computer seems to work fine. Everything shows up on task manager.

Thanks!

MarcusM89, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Local disk E not showing

My laptop's 1tb memory was partitioned into 500gb local disk C and E. I noticed a file in my C worth 355gb ( when clicking, it is mounting the local disk E). I deleted that and restarted my laptop, now the disk E is missing. Even on disk management, it is
    not showing.

Please help as I cannot afford to reformat my laptop. Thanks!

JohnMiguel Tolentino, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

1. Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\ - Similar Threads - Disk shows Resource

2. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  3. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  4. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High disk usage in resource monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage in resource monitor.: Hi my name is David,Recently i noticed high disk usage from "System" In resource monitorMy disk is going "Wawes " patern:Reading , Not reading , Reading , Not reading , and this countinues on for 5 - 6 hoursI scanned my entire pc with Defender, Malwarebytes , msert.exeI...
  6. local disk c: storage e:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local disk c: storage e:: if my local disk storage c: is full will it switch to storage space e: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-storage-e/014cfadb-ee88-4ad4-91db-1ca9cf111d59
  7. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resource Monitor: Why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-monitor/5742dd19-f885-4765-b836-072463e98a3a
  8. Resource Monitor shows D: as K:<number>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resource Monitor shows D: as K:<number>: Today I was casually viewing Resource Manager disk activity and curiously saw that my D: gets mentioned as K:0, K:1, K:7 [ATTACH] What's the idea behind this weird naming convention?...
  9. Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor: [ATTACH] Not sure why this happens... Hopefully someone can help me solve this. This is the second system that it has occurred on for me. Back when I had a Win 7 Pro system with mirrored drives I distinctly remember both drives of a mirror showing in the resource monitor....
  10. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resource Monitor: My new system has 4 NVMe drives: a 1TB - C:\ drive, 2-1TB drives in a striped set - D:\ drive, and a 1TB - E:\ drive. It also has a RamDisk A:\ drive and a HDD, F-Drive. My Disk Resource Manager monitors all drives except my D-Drive, can it not see striped sets? The stripe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive showing as s:4\ in resource monitor