Windows 10: disk C problem

Discus and support disk C problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; as of tonight, the problem just began. when i right click on disk C to bring up disk cleanup, i got this error message...although i have no trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pathfinder, Oct 4, 2017.

1. disk C problem

as of tonight, the problem just began. when i right click on disk C to bring up disk cleanup, i got this error message...although i have no trouble accessing said disk. what is going on*Shock

disk C problem [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 4, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

C disk

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface.

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Executive, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXX

4. Where is this happening on the computer, Boot, Screen, App, etc

5. What error are you getting if any?

lacrumb, Oct 4, 2017
  3. SoiIonic Win User
    Problems with Disk saving files! I changed saving to Disk D but it still saves stuff in Disk C.

I had done that already, the problem is that it's set to Disk D but it still saves in Disk C ... For example, whenever I want to download something ( ex: a game ) it'll go to the Download Folder in Disk D but afterwards it'll start downloading somwhere
    in Disk C instead of D. Even though everything's set to Disk D it still downloads in Disk C.

SoiIonic, Oct 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. the result found nothing wrong. very odd

disk C problem [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Oct 4, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Did you check this as per the first URL?
    And have you checked in Safe Mode as per the second URL?

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  7. as of now, iam delaying trying to boot in safe mode.. i was reading article on fixing problem in registry "run as" and the entry "interactive user" was not found.. one good note, was able to add disk cleanup on desktop. but the main problem is still not resolved

disk C problem [​IMG]

in safe mode, which one to use? safe mode, safe mode with networking or with cmd?

Pathfinder, Oct 4, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

disk C problem

Just Safe Mode. The idea is to demonstrate whether things added to Windows when booting normally are interfering or not.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  9. ello, i still havent gone into safe mode yet...was looking around in searches and twiddling into pc.. and i saw that with add new folder option isnt working either..i wanted to create blank folder on a flash drive.. i guess thats tied in with the main problem eh? i really suspect some program did this to me, the question is which one.

disk C problem [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Oct 5, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Sounds like your problems are multiplying. Have you tried using a restore point?

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  11. alas, i stopped using restore point option last month, it was really using too much resource. but i do have a backup of C before this problem started hmm.
    for now, "temporarily" i rename a unused folder on one of my flash drives, rename it to something and then copy it onto flash drive -until i can restore folder problem. there is always a work around.

Pathfinder, Oct 5, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    Download latest iso, mount as a drive, and run setup.exe to do repair upgrade.

cereberus, Oct 5, 2017
  13. disk C problem

ill look into it soon..but i downloaded filetool as a temporary measure. was able to create multiple blank folders onto flash drives with ease! why i dont want to use backup yet is because i already have a few paid programs installed ..and they will become unregistered as soon as i revert system to the early backup.

Pathfinder, Oct 5, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    If you choose to do an in-place upgrade repair install you keep all programs and data and most settings.

(And if they're programs you've bought, rather than free licenses you can't reapply, you should be able to reinstall them).

I have about 220Gb allocated to C: (Windows and programs) but still use system restore. My personal data is mostly on another disk.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  15. i may just go back to sys restore..i have about 416.72GB free space on c. how much percentage-wise should i set sys restore? i set it at 2% (9.20GB) for now.

Pathfinder, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

disk C problem

1. disk C problem - Similar Threads - disk problem

2. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  3. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  4. Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...: I go in settings and than I go to storage VIEW STORAGE ON OTHER DIRVES Than I click D drive temporary= 6.25 GB but recycle bin is emptyAnd when every I go go to clear it in settings it shows me 0 bytesplz help...
  5. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...: ive tried to use a software anydvd and still nothing what shows up is [Insert a disk Please insert disk into drive D:.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-add-a-blu-ray-disk-the-computer-reads-there/6aa30b11-9904-439e-8a74-185c89551965
  6. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...: ive tried to use a software anydvd and still nothing what shows up is [Insert a disk Please insert disk into drive D:.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-add-a-blu-ray-disk-the-computer-reads-there/6aa30b11-9904-439e-8a74-185c89551965
  7. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

8. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  9. Disk Usage Problem

Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  10. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging