Windows 10: Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready

Discus and support Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I've tried everything under the sun to get this to work but so far nothing has. I have a WD Passport not ssd that is unable to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bailey Russell, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready

Hi there,

I've tried everything under the sun to get this to work but so far nothing has. I have a WD Passport not ssd that is unable to be initialised by every third party software, disk management windows and CMD/powershell. It is listed on disk management but not in DiskPart but i can still select it? pictured in photo below All websites and other threads suggest CHKDSK and using the built in tool for defragging but the drive has no drive letter assigned so i can't even use those tools.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will try to reply asap.

Thanks

Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready d22122b2-3b60-4307-a5ba-8a54e8778658?upload=true.jpg Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready a5c00dbe-5de5-4fc9-99af-c18d041103dc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Bailey Russell, Jan 13, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Akaje12# Win User
    Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details:

MQ01UBD100 Toshiba PCB G3448A - $48.00 - HDDzone.com.

There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley.

Ironic thing is that the disk is my backup disk for photos, docs etc

I have a DELL Latitude E6540 running Windows 10.

• Disk Management lists it as Disk 1 Unknown // Not Initialised // "Device is not ready" after trying to initialise it in both MBR and GBT.
    • Device Manager lists in Disk Drives as working properly, Drivers up to date etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    • Disckpart// list disc as an Administrator in CMD will show it as Online but 0 ZERO bites.
    • I have removed and inserted the CMOS battery.
    I suspect I have see the "White Gloved" people who will charge me an arm and a leg for data recovery?

Is there anybody in Microsoft land that can assist with an alternative.

Greatly appreciated.

--Moved from Microsoft Teams/Teams and channels--

Akaje12#, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready

My USB Flash drive cannot be initialised and it is now ready only in current state

hi Jay followed your steps to run disk management as admin and the problem is still that the initialise option is greyed out.

AnthonyHoHongKong, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready

1. Disk Cannot Be Initialised - Device Isn't Ready - Similar Threads - Disk Cannot Initialised

2. External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready: Hi, I am trying to format a 4TB WD MyPassport on Win11. The drive doesn't appear in This PC, but does appear in the Control Panel's Devices and Printers and in Disk Management. Upon trying to initialise the hard drive, I am shown the message "The device is not ready".I can't...
  3. External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Won't Initialise: The Device Is Not Ready: Hi, I am trying to format a 4TB WD MyPassport on Win11. The drive doesn't appear in This PC, but does appear in the Control Panel's Devices and Printers and in Disk Management. Upon trying to initialise the hard drive, I am shown the message "The device is not ready".I can't...
  4. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  5. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  6. Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error: Not directly relevant but some background, I've been running into some overheating issues with a drive I'm installing. On the first attempt to initialize and partition, format the drive it failed midway through due to the drive going into overheat protection. I've now solved...
  7. Initialising a disk

Initialising a disk: Hi, I recently added an SSD drive on my laptop. It's working fine. All my files are stored there. But only one disk is visible on my computer and that's the SSD. I can't locate the second disk. I went to Disk management and Disk 2 , i.e, my system's internal storage is...
  8. disk management - initialize - the device is not ready

disk management - initialize - the device is not ready: Hi, I was trying to plug in an external HDD to my computer. The file explorer opened but stood frozen for a couple of minutes in "not responding" condition. I then unplugged it. Now It shows in the device manager but doesn't show in file explorer. I tried reinstalling...
  9. The device is not ready external hard disk

The device is not ready external hard disk: Hello, i just bought a new external hard disk. It's a enclosure hard disk, i'm using Kingston A400 SSD 240gb. But somehow it can be initialized. I tried to initialized a lot of times and it says the device is not ready. I tried uninstall a few times and reboot but still same...
  10. disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.

disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.: I have a internal 3.5" HDD WD Black 2 TB and try to hook it up in the PC but it doesnt not appear anymore in My Computer. It was working few weeks ago. When opening Disk Management it says the disk is not initialized and it didnt state how many GB available on the hard disk...