Windows 10: Disk Check Corrupted Files

Discus and support Disk Check Corrupted Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help, I was doing a disk check on my laptop Asus X453S and suddenly my laptop shutdown, and started the disk check again, but it restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by luigi_1111, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Disk Check Corrupted Files

I need help,

I was doing a disk check on my laptop Asus X453S and suddenly my laptop shutdown, and started the disk check again, but it restarted again, the third time it happened i canceled the disk check because im afraid of corruption of the files, but because of that, i found out that my files become corrupted. I searched how to fix it. I tried using the sfc /scannow command and it wont work, it said something like windows cannot perform the requested action.

I tried booting my laptop in safemode and run sfc scan but still it said something like, it found corrupted files but couldn't perform the action. So i tried the DISM command to try to fix the corrupted files but it just says error: 1392 "the file or directory is corrupted...". I tried using system restore but it wont let me because it says the disk C: has error. I feel hopeless and I am now currently resetting my pc. Is this a good call? i need any tips to fix my problems. Thank you!

:)

luigi_1111, Mar 17, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Disk Check Corrupted Files

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Disk Check Corrupted Files

1. Disk Check Corrupted Files - Similar Threads - Disk Check Corrupted

2. Checking that my files are not corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking that my files are not corrupt: When I make a backup of my USB stick folder that has a few thousand personal files in it, I look at the backup I have just made and look at the folder properties and make sure the backup folder size is identical in bytes as to the original. Is this a good way to make sure the...
  3. Checking that my files are not corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking that my files are not corrupt: When I make a backup of my USB stick folder that has a few thousand personal files in it, I look at the backup I have just made and look at the folder properties and make sure the backup folder size is identical in bytes as to the original. Is this a good way to make sure the...
  4. Downloads Folder corrupted after Disk Check failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder corrupted after Disk Check failure: Hi all, Recently, I ran the Disk Check fix and repair function on my Lenovo with a Windows 10 operating system, due to drastically slowed performance and Task Manager displaying 100% CPU and 100% Disk even when there were few programs running. Unfortunately, Disk Check...
  5. Downloads Folder corrupted after Disk Check failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder corrupted after Disk Check failure: Hi all, Recently, I ran the Disk Check fix and repair function on my Lenovo with a Windows 10 operating system, due to drastically slowed performance and Task Manager displaying 100% CPU and 100% Disk even when there were few programs running. Unfortunately, Disk Check...
  6. Downloads Folder corrupted after Disk Check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  8. disk check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  9. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0
  10. File Explorer Suspected Disk Corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Suspected Disk Corruption: I had an unexpected and frightening error with file explorer in Windows 10 Pro. I have a Western Digital My Book Duo for saving backups and found it was formatted Raid 0 instead of mirroring. I started the process to convert it to mirroring, but first had to backup the...