Windows 10: Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?

Discus and support Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, last night, after I finished working on my PC, I wanted to switch it off. Unfortunately I clicked on the button "restart". But now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by technologyboy, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?

Hello, everyone,

last night, after I finished working on my PC, I wanted to switch it off. Unfortunately I clicked on the button "restart". But now I was too impatient to wait until it booted up again and switched off the PC with the power button.

Today I started my PC and it suddenly showed that a "disk check" is being performed and a countdown counts down from 8 seconds. After that the display shows: "Drive being checked and repaired (CDisk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted? :)...", but the PC will boot right after that. In addition, it is mentioned in the Control Panel under "Security and Maintenance": "Restarting your computer to fix a drive failure (Important)". When I do this, the message persists.

I'm pretty sure it's because I turned off the PC during the reboot, as the problem has only been occurring since then. But I can't get any further because I have no more ideas and my PC is still new (not even half a year old).

I urgently ask for help and thank you in advance.

Kind regards

:)

technologyboy, Jun 6, 2020

2. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?

Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted?

1. Disk check is displayed during startup after the restart is aborted? - Similar Threads - Disk check displayed

2. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  3. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  4. Check disk does not work on startup/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Check disk does not work on startup/restart: Recently I mistakenly powered off my laptop using the physical power button on it by holding it for 5-7 seconds. Then later when I started my Laptop it gave an error notification that there was an error on my disk and I had to restart to fix it. I did do that and while...
  5. Having trouble with windows after disk checked at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble with windows after disk checked at startup: When booting up my computer the other day, windows ran a drive scan on my laptop during startup. After which, I had trouble booting into windows, I would get the spinning dots for a few seconds, but instead of going to logon screen, the display would just be black. I could...
  6. Disk check on every startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk check on every startup: Hi all. Recently my PC started to run disk check on every startup. I let it run and repair, but it doesn't do anything really. When I run the disk checker on Windows itself it says that my drive has a problem and it needs to restart in order to solve it. But nothing gets...
  7. Check Disk on Startup

Check Disk on Startup: So I have a windows 10 pc. Every time I start it, it runs check disk. I searched it up, and it says that check disk is triggered by improper system shutdowns, failing hard drives, and malware infection. I am not sure if I have any of these. (I didn’t shut my pc down...
  8. Disk Check on startup

Disk Check on startup: After I started my system, it began a disk Check out of the blue. Before that, it was turned off normally. What does it mean? Is it alarming or I should ignore it. It happened only once. submitted by /u/CptGiorgis [link] [comments]...
  9. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...