Windows 10: Disk check stuck at total 99%

Discus and support Disk check stuck at total 99% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a laptop (Dell Latitude E6430) with an internal 1TB disk with some bad sectors on it (planning to replace it soon, data backed up).. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gladson1976, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Disk check stuck at total 99%

I have a laptop (Dell Latitude E6430) with an internal 1TB disk with some bad sectors on it (planning to replace it soon, data backed up)..
    When I switched on the laptop now, it asked for a disk check on that drive and the check ran for about an hour.. right now its stuck for more than half an hour at

"Fixing (DDisk check stuck at total 99% :) Stage 3: 100% (3of 3); Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 ..."

Can I do a restart or should I wait for some more time?

Disk check stuck at total 99% [​IMG]

:)

gladson1976, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Disk check stuck at total 99%

Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Hi Lynn,

To get a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Just to clarify, are you trying to update Windows 10 or Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from any older version of Windows?

• If you are doing an upgrade; how are you upgrading to Windows 10? What is the Windows version already installed on Computer?
    I

suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the below link and check if you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Disk check stuck at total 99%

1. Disk check stuck at total 99% - Similar Threads - Disk check stuck

2. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  3. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  4. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck Disk Checking: I have a laptop that has worked fine for many years. Yesterday I unplugged my secondary hard disk without windows, just data. I used a usb adapter to connect it to my other laptop, which worked fine. Upon reinserting it into my first laptop, and booting, it tells me that the...
  6. Reset stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset stuck at 99%: So i started the reset of my pc 15 hours ago. It took 5-6 hours to go to 99% , and now its still not finished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck-at-99/5d43572e-a6e3-4ceb-8a72-9558b1934818
  7. fixing disk stuck at stage 3 %99

fixing disk stuck at stage 3 %99: I was downloading a game from steam than it said ''disk reading error'' after that it thought restarting the pc helps it but it started to fixing disk. The first two stages worked without a problem,but stage 3 stuck at %99 can help please???...
  8. 99% drop in disk performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    99% drop in disk performance: I have a six month old HP laptop with a clean install of windows 10 updated to v.1903 (OS build 18362-356). It is updated to current. I have a pair of internal drives- one solid state system disk, and one internal SATA spinning disk from Seagate. I have downloaded Seatools...
  9. Check disk not running / stuck / failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check disk not running / stuck / failed: Hello, I am having a problem with my uncles computer, so I will describe the problem my best. Basically, the cause of this is unknown. When PC is booted, the Check Disk automatically starts. When I cancel Check Disc before it starts, I can access WIN10, but it is SLOW and...
  10. stuck on 99%

stuck on 99%: My windows 10 upgrade has been stuck on 99% for 24 hours now what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/stuck-on-99/f21a84e0-6709-4192-9f7b-22abc82d2251