Windows 10: Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

Discus and support Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I’m using an asus laptop and when I always boot my laptop, it always says To skip any disk checking: press any key. It’s always like that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KatherineXO, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

So I’m using an asus laptop and when I always boot my laptop, it always says To skip any disk checking: press any key. It’s always like that when I boot my laptop I just wonder whats the reason that this is always happening. Could it be a part of a malware or something?

:)

KatherineXO, Jan 20, 2022

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

1. Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop - Similar Threads - Disk checking prompt

2. Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop: So I’m using an asus laptop and when I always boot my laptop, it always says To skip any disk checking: press any key. It’s always like that when I boot my laptop I just wonder whats the reason that this is always happening. Could it be a part of a malware or something?...
  3. Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk checking prompt when turning on laptop: So I’m using an asus laptop and when I always boot my laptop, it always says To skip any disk checking: press any key. It’s always like that when I boot my laptop I just wonder whats the reason that this is always happening. Could it be a part of a malware or something?...
  4. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  5. Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking: Hello! I Have a MSI Gaming Laptop and I have the problem that every time I start my laptop it automaticly starts the Fixing D. I do the Disk Checking and it starts over and over again for the past 2 days and the Press to skip doesnt show up. Is there a way to skip it...
  6. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  7. Check disk in command prompt CMD

Check disk in command prompt CMD: Hello, I also appealed to the Microsoft community in which I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful command disk commands in command prompt CMD Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  8. disk check

disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  9. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  10. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0