Windows 10: DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

Discus and support DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by beta G, Sep 27, 2022.

1. beta G Win User

DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up ==>https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-drive-partition-on-windows-setup/6b9d8640-e4c4-4bf5-9647-75462065105dI try to clean install win10 on my ip320 laptop. At first, I tried to reset the laptop, but resetting doesn't work, and stuck. So I reinstall windows, but I can't delete or format drive 0. There is 3 partition on my drive 0, system, primary and recovery.- Tried Diskpart from CMD, clean disk 0, at first it says disk 0 su

:)

beta G, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 27, 2022
  3. kupgas Win User
    Clean install and disk formatting win7

I have a toshiba c55 laptop with win10, but need to back down to win7. I noticed the win10 drive had 4 partitions. If I wipe it clean, will the win7 install disk format and partition appropriately?

kupgas, Sep 27, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Created bootable USB-can’t install /format destination disk

You have to delete the partitions (step 13 in the tutorial below); you do not/can not install Windows into an existing partition. It is installed to unallocated space- it could create several partitions.

You could choose to format your disk before you start if you wished.
    Note the format option shown in the screenshot at step 13.

When in doubt, consult the vast Tutorial section:
    Clean Install Windows 10

You can search the list here:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10. - Similar Threads - DISK CLEAN FORMAT

2. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.: So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up...
  3. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.: So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up...
  4. Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install: I'm trying to do a clean Win10 installation on my old laptop, but the options to delete or format the disc partition where the old Win10 is installed are grayed out. How can i fix this ? Image Alternatively, If i choose to install without formatting the partition it says...
  5. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  6. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...
  7. Delete or format partition during clean install windows

Delete or format partition during clean install windows: Hey guys i just join this forum and today i've plan to clean install my PC well i kinda noob with this one and i like to ask some question. Once you get to the Custom (Advanced) tab of Windows 10 clean install there are options to delete the partition, format, etc. Which one...
  8. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  9. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...
  10. Clean install on a OEM formatted GPT disk?

Clean install on a OEM formatted GPT disk?: I'm thinking of a clean reinstall of Windows 10 because of some stability issues (Mail and Calendar apps not working, Store app can't update etc yada yada; also I would like to get rid of the OEM softwares that have persisted till now). I got my current version of Windows 10...