Windows 10: Disk clean-up and removal of old wndows updates etc. not reflected in properties

Discus and support Disk clean-up and removal of old wndows updates etc. not reflected in properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to solve some issues with my son's Omen gaming PC. Drive c is full, and removing files via Disk clean-up does not seem to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RTA1331, Sep 8, 2019.

1. RTA1331 Win User

Disk clean-up and removal of old wndows updates etc. not reflected in properties

I have been trying to solve some issues with my son's Omen gaming PC.

Drive c is full, and removing files via Disk clean-up does not seem to have been reflected with no change in properties.

When I try to uninstall apps I am getting error messages inc. 112 not enough disk space.

Is there a way to re-index the drive and calculate space used?

:)

RTA1331, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Sep 8, 2019
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Sep 8, 2019
  4. DJ Hyrax Win User

Disk clean-up and removal of old wndows updates etc. not reflected in properties

Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online

Based on your suggestion such as "You may clean old disk to remove all information from it and reinitialize it. Run diskpart utility and use clean command. Be careful to not clean new disk.

Change identifier using uniqueid command of diskpart. "

what will be the next step?

DJ Hyrax, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Disk clean-up and removal of old wndows updates etc. not reflected in properties - Similar Threads - Disk clean removal

2. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  3. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  4. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  5. Disk Clean Up

Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  6. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  7. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  8. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  9. Deleting old windows does not show up in disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windows does not show up in disk clean up: Hello I was trying to delete old windows versions with disk clean up but it does not seem to have the option to delete version even though have windows.old folder on the computer....
  10. Cleaning Up Reflect Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cleaning Up Reflect Recovery Files: I've just updated Reflect Home to the latest version and changed to using the Win RE recovery environment. I'm left with various folders in the c:/boot folder. Can I safely delete all but the WinREFiles and Drivers folders? [img] 121549