Windows 10: disk clean up deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them

Discus and support disk clean up deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Winows 10 Disk Clean up application deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gwtonkin, Jul 3, 2019.

1. gwtonkin Win User

disk clean up deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them

Winows 10 Disk Clean up application deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them

:)

gwtonkin, Jul 3, 2019

2. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (Ddisk clean up deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 3, 2019
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 3, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Disk Clean Up

Hi Clive, use Disk Cleanup, it will only suggest and delete files and folders that are safe to delete . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. disk clean up deleted all my downloads; can I retrieve them - Similar Threads - disk clean deleted

2. can i delete these files or move them to another disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i delete these files or move them to another disk?: can i delete the 8 files that are taking up most of the space? to move them to diskC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-these-files-or-move-them-to-another/2e542a31-e99d-4cac-a7aa-99f739e3336b
  3. can i delete these files or move them to another disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i delete these files or move them to another disk?: can i delete the 8 files that are taking up most of the space? to move them to diskC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-these-files-or-move-them-to-another/2e542a31-e99d-4cac-a7aa-99f739e3336b
  4. can i delete these files or move them to another disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk clean up is not deleting files

Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  6. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  7. I messed up with c++ and downloaded them all?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up with c++ and downloaded them all?: I cant delete them they keep coming back and it's taking up my space. I'm horrible with this so please explain this to me like I'm five. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-messed-up-with-c-and-downloaded-them-all/805fd695-2915-4e59-baa6-0dbe729af500
  8. What are all these drivers and can I delete them? Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are all these drivers and can I delete them? Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OLA24GLB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2w0u2/what_are_all_these_drivers_and_can_i_delete_them/
  9. HELP Recover Deleted Downloads ALL OF THEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP Recover Deleted Downloads ALL OF THEM: When I was doing a disk cleanup I accidentally deleted all of my downloads. Does anyone know how I can recover them myself? I don't $50 to pay for some program. No they are not in the trash bin. THANKS in Advance. Desperate to get them back there were hundreds of my...
  10. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173