Windows 10: disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

Discus and support disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sandeepshekar, Jan 28, 2022.

1. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded .After 20 percent, it says successfully...But the space is not reduced. I have tried sfc /scannow and restore health...But it is not helping. is there an alternative for this? annoying as my image size is bulging by 800 MB :

:)

Sandeepshekar, Jan 28, 2022
  2. bbinnard Win User

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Superfly Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Sorry if I did not make it clear - that is an illegal activation method - that xspace server must have been taken down by MS.

Superfly, Jan 28, 2022
  4. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

1. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull - Similar Threads - disk clean fails

2. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  3. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  4. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull: i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded .After 20 percent, it says successfully...But the space is not reduced. I have tried sfc /scannow and restore health...But...
  5. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull: i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded .After 20 percent, it says successfully...But the space is not reduced. I have tried sfc /scannow and restore health...But...
  6. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  7. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  8. Disk clean up

9. Clean up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  10. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724