Windows 10: Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time

Discus and support Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Something new I have discovered in the FCU: When I ran Disk Clean up seems like working properly. But at the end when cleaning Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ivan Petrov, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time

Hi there,

Something new I have discovered in the FCU:
    When I ran Disk Clean up seems like working properly. But at the end when cleaning Windows Defender stuff the small window of Disk Clean up doesn't disappear by itself anymore, I have to click somewhere on desktop and it is gone. Is that normal? To me it looks like not completed or bug and who knows how it is cleaning up ...

Thank you all, any info is appreciated.

Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time [​IMG]

:)

Ivan Petrov, Oct 24, 2017
  2. D_Watson Win User

Problem getting my computer to sleep after upgrading to Windows 10

I have both a laptop and a desktop that will no longer fall asleep on their own since the Win10 upgrade. I can put them to sleep. They both wake up fine. But they won't fall asleep on their own. Both were falling asleep as expected under Win 8.1. Troubleshooter
    finds nothing wrong. Very annoying.

D_Watson, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Sleeping settings do not work after updating Win 10

Today it doesn't work again. It falls asleep after 1 min. Probably yesterday something was running on the background and therefore laptop did not fall asleep.

The issue isn't resolved

TatianaChay, Oct 24, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time

Yeah, I noticed it, too. Even after doing a clean install of Windows 10 FCU and it's still there.
    I also, noticed something else dumb that Microsoft left in Windows 10, even though they removed it in FCU. The system image creation is gone, but create system image is still listed. For the hell of it I tried it. It looks like it's working until the very end and then you get a error message.
    Suh, Microsoft you removed it, so why is create system image still listed ?????
    STUPID ON MICROSOFT'S part to say the least.
    I'm sure the Windows Insider's complained about the disk cleanup bug and Microsoft didn't fix it and released FCU to everytone.
    GOOD JOB MICROSOFT, GIVE US NEW FEATURES, RATHER THAN FIXING BUGS FIRST. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

BRKKAB, Oct 24, 2017
Thema:

Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time

1. Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time - Similar Threads - Disk Clean FCU

2. Windows 10 disk clean up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disk clean up.: Windows 10 pro: hp Desktop Temporary internet files, Temporary files, and Thumbnails will not delete with Windows disk cleanup. I have tried CCleaner (it says it cleaned them). However, right after that, I do another Disk clean up and they are still there. I have tried:...
  3. windows disk clean up

windows disk clean up: Windows 10 pro: hp Desktop Temporary internet files, Temporary files, and Thumbnails will not delete with Windows disk cleanup. I have tried CCleaner (it says it cleaned them). However, right after that, I do another Disk clean up and they are still there. I have tried:...
  4. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  5. HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep: I have a new HP Envy with windows 10, computer has started to randomly fall asleep, I have changed the setting I can find, but that has not helped...
  6. It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It's time to prepare for W10 FCU: Hi, folks Is there any changes in Fall Creators Update, when a clean install is performed? I am more concerned about signing in with a local /offline/ account during setup and later switch to MS account. A screenshot of that particular window will be greatly appreciated....
  7. FCU messed up apps

FCU messed up apps: After the FCU, a clean install, 90% of the tiles in the start menu have a downward arrow on them. When you highlight them they all say the same thing....."A great App is on it's way". What gives? [img] 95712
  8. Disk Clean up tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean up tool: When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either. [img] 79688
  9. Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.: Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in Windows\system32\drivers also. Though I am not worried as space occupied is very less, I wanted to know, why clean up is not deleting...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....