Windows 10: Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

Discus and support Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I used Disk Clean-up to free up some space on my laptop and inadvertently ticked the checkbox for Onedrive. After I ran the cleaner Onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlignedToast259, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

Hi

I used Disk Clean-up to free up some space on my laptop and inadvertently ticked the checkbox for Onedrive. After I ran the cleaner Onedrive immediately spotted deletions and started to run, advising there were approx 13,500 file changes to be made! I paused syncing straightaway and closed Oncedrive but am not sure what to do next.

Can anyone help please?

thanks

:)

AlignedToast259, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Disk Cleanup tool included with Windows 10 is designed to free up disk space on a computer’s hard drive. It will scan your hard disk and locate files that can be removed to free up space. Disk Cleanup will not delete OneDrive files.

Disk Cleanup targets compression of old files, temporary internet files, temporary Windows files, downloaded program files, Recycle Bin, removal of unused applications or optional Windows components, setup log files, offline web pages, and Windows
    component store. It won’t target the OneDrive files.

I’d suggest you to access
    www.onedrive.com
    and sign in with your Microsoft account and check if the files are there.

If lots of your OneDrive files get deleted, overwritten, corrupted, or infected by malware, you can restore your entire OneDrive to a previous time. Refer this article on

Restore your OneDrive
    and check.

You can also check this article on
    Find lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for additional information.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

Hi

I used Disk Clean-up to free up some space on my laptop and inadvertently ticked the checkbox for Onedrive. After I ran the cleaner Onedrive immediately spotted deletions and started to run, advising there were approx 13,500 file changes to be made! I paused
    syncing straightaway and closed Oncedrive but am not sure what to do next.

Can anyone help please?

thanks

AlignedToast259, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files

1. Disk Clean-up on Win 10 deleted Onedrive files - Similar Threads - Disk Clean deleted

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  4. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  5. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  6. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  7. Disk Clean Up

Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  8. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  9. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  10. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean up one driove

2. what happens when i uninstall onedrive

3. how to delete onedrive temporary files

4. what happens if you check delete onedrive files in disk cleanup,
  5. disk clean up safe to check onedrive files,
  6. disk clean up one drive files,
  7. can i delete onedrive files in disk cleanup,
  8. disk cleanup onedrive files