Windows 10: Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder

Discus and support Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the last major update in October, Disk Clean-up always shows about 2.4MB of data in the C:\Users\___\Downloads folder. I dont use this folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pliskken, Dec 20, 2018.

1. pliskken Win User

Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder

Since the last major update in October, Disk Clean-up always shows about 2.4MB of data in the C:\Users\___\Downloads folder.

I dont use this folder but even so, I check with "view>hidden items" on to make sure it is empty but disk clean-up always shows about 2.4MB. Then after running clean-up to empty it, I still have around 1MB when I fire up disk clean-up straight afterwards.

I have checked the public and default user folders too, all empty. Any ideas?

Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder [​IMG]

:)

pliskken, Dec 20, 2018
  2. AnyOne-10 Win User

Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Problem:

• Created fresh old-fashioned backup using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to a disk that does not contain a previous backup, FileHistory or WindowsImageBackup
    • Opened Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to test the content of my backup and hit "Restore my files" to browse through the content.

The backup appears to be containing many references to old folders and files that are no longer existing on my PC.
    • When trying to restore such non existing file from the backup, I get the error "The backup file could not be found [...] 0x8100001A". Which is not surprising since the file was not on the system when creating the backup.
    • Also, when looking at the Previous Versions tab of a folder's Properties it shows versions of several years ago. When restoring a 2 year old version it finishes successfully, but no old version is restored. Which is not surprising either.
    What have I tried?:

• I've cleaned my external disk and recreated the backup with the same results of backup.
    • I've switched of System Protection and deleted Restore points and folder still shows Previous Versions of 2 years ago.
    • I've deleted shadow copies using vssadmin and folder still shows Previous Versions of 2 years ago.
    However...

When opening my backup file in Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) and clicked "Select another backup to restore files from", the backup does not show old files/folders that do not exist on my system.

Questions:

• How can I get rid of references to old non-existing Previous Versions of my folders?
    • How can I get rid of references to old non-existing files and folders when browsing the backup using "Restore my files"

AnyOne-10, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 20, 2018
  4. nunya Win User

Showing folders that no longer exist.

I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still listed?

Ideas?

nunya, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Donloads Folder - Similar Threads - Disk Clean shows

2. Need to Back up data for cleaned Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Back up data for cleaned Disk: Hi,This is shrinivas, while installing windows 10 over windows 7 to my personal Laptop,by mistake i have cleaned the disk and installed the windows 10 OS.Know can i get the old DISK data,kindly help me on this....
  3. Need to Back up data for cleaned Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Back up data for cleaned Disk: Hi,This is shrinivas, while installing windows 10 over windows 7 to my personal Laptop,by mistake i have cleaned the disk and installed the windows 10 OS.Know can i get the old DISK data,kindly help me on this....
  4. Need to Back up data for cleaned Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  6. Network is showing a non-existent computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network is showing a non-existent computer: This is a private home network with a router connecting a laptop and a desktop with a class 7 Ethernet cable. The network functions, it shows my desktop W10P2004DT, the laptop W10H2004LT as well as a phantom computer named DESKTOP-3ANM119. The workgroup is the default...
  7. Trying to delete a non-existing folder

Trying to delete a non-existing folder: I need help so I've been trying to place my downloads somewhere else and instead, it became a file and I didn't really like that at all, when I reset it back to default it replace the file but the file shows still and the problem is I named my the folder "Files" so now there...
  8. Existing folders not showing

Existing folders not showing: On my WD MyCloud external hard drive I have folders stored as well as a WD Smartware backup. I need to delete these backup files because of space issues and yes they are backed up on another cloud as well , but am unable to see the folders let alone access them. How do I...
  9. Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean-Up shows non-existant data in Downloads Folder: Since the last major update in October, Disk Clean-up always shows about 2.4MB of data in the C:\Users\___\Downloads folder. I dont use this folder but even so, I check with "view>hidden items" on to make sure it is empty but disk clean-up always shows about 2.4MB. Then...
  10. Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.: Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in Windows\system32\drivers also. Though I am not worried as space occupied is very less, I wanted to know, why clean up is not deleting...