Windows 10: Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files?

Discus and support Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In a recent Windows 10 update, the Windows built-in Disk clean-up tool received a little overhaul and it now includes the "Download" folder in the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancescoColombo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files?

In a recent Windows 10 update, the Windows built-in Disk clean-up tool received a little overhaul and it now includes the "Download" folder in the list of folders that can be cleaned out.

I stupidly run a Disk clean-up without paying too much attention to what was automatically selected.

I just wanted to remove some old Windows version after a couple of major upgrades, to free up some space.

As a result, all my "Download" files are all gone.

I can't remember precisely what I had in there, but there could have been something important.

I'd love if there was a way for me to get those files back and check on them.

I tried with three "over the counter" recovery programs (EaseUS, Recuva, Pandora), but they were only able to recover 21 files and they were all corrupted beyond the point of being readable.

I don't have Windows Restore points to go back to.

Is there a way to "undo" the clean-up tool actions?

:)

FrancescoColombo, Dec 21, 2018

2. Folder is now a file?

I appears that the check disk program found some file system errors, then converted your folder into a file. Here are a few suggestion on how to recover the folder:

Frederik Long, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Cannot read files on floppy disk

What are the files you need to get from the floppy? can't you just download them elsewere?

Or are they files that you saved for a project or something like that.

I also found this website, There seems to be a free utility for recovering data from floppys but i cant test as i havent used a floppy drive for maybe 6 years now.

http://www.dtidata.com/free_data_recovery_software/

Floppy Disk Data Recovery Tool - This tool can recover data from even damaged floppy disks. Quick and easy tool for those still using the ole floppy disks.

animal007uk, Dec 21, 2018
  4. kma54 Win User

Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files?

windows 10 folder documents show as empty!

In my folders the documents are listed as empty - please help with steps to change the way they are opened?

kma54, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files?

1. Disk Clean-up tool: "Download" folder has been emptied, any way to recover files? - Similar Threads - Disk Clean tool

2. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  3. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  4. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  6. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  7. Disk Clean up tool does not empty recycle bin on one of my drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean up tool does not empty recycle bin on one of my drives: Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.18363 I have a 4tb drive with over 576gb in the recycle bin according to treesize free. Disc clean up won't empty it. all the rest of the drives have nothing in the recycle bin but can't get rid of this one. Really need that space! I tried...
  8. Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder: I've ran WIndows update successfully ,I've tried running the update troubleshooter,and it was OK. I keep showing it needs to clean 9.65 GB every time even though it completes the cleaning process....
  9. Disk Clean up tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean up tool: When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either. [img] 79688
  10. Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.: Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in Windows\system32\drivers also. Though I am not worried as space occupied is very less, I wanted to know, why clean up is not deleting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover Download Folder deleted in win10 disc clean up