Windows 10: Disk Clean

Discus and support Disk Clean in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With recent updates the native "Disk Clean" app MS added a new feature, that is, "Downloads". I keep nothing in any "Downloads Folders" any/all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stitch194, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Stitch194 Win User

Disk Clean

With recent updates the native "Disk Clean" app MS added a new feature, that is, "Downloads".
    I keep nothing in any "Downloads Folders" any/all downloads are transferred to a USB flash drive after installing for ease of reinstalling after a clean install.
    Question is: The "Downloads" folder depicted in "Disk Clean" keeps growing in (size) and currently shows 1.8 MB. Where are these files located? I've searched Local User, Local Admin, Hidden Admin and app Data, I cant" find a "Downloads" that contains files. I don't like disk clean willy-nilly deleting files I'm not aware of.

:)

Stitch194, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 12, 2018
  4. geotso Win User

Disk Clean

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Disk Clean

1. Disk Clean - Similar Threads - Disk Clean

2. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  3. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  4. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  5. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  6. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  8. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  9. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

10. Disk Clean not completing when resetting pc

Disk Clean not completing when resetting pc: Tried multiple times to reset pc ready for a sale so selecting clean disk. Keeps failing and tried troubleshooting but not overly technical so really struggling with the command prompt actions. Please help!!...